P90X Prep???

Options
Hello,

I'm 5'1" and currently 159 lb. I am seriously considering buying P90X on May 1. My hubby will be home for R&R from Iraq sometime in July or August and I want to totally shock him when I pick him up at the airport. I am motivated enough to do just about anything but I really am worried I don't have the strength or stamina to do something like P90X. I did about 10 minutes of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (found on youtube) a few days ago and nearly died, lol. My push ups are a total joke. I'm thinking if I continue with things like 30 day shred for April, then I should be ready for P90X by May? Thoughts...opinions please?

TIA

Amy

Replies

• aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'1" and currently 159 lb. I am seriously considering buying P90X on May 1. My hubby will be home for R&R from Iraq sometime in July or August and I want to totally shock him when I pick him up at the airport. I am motivated enough to do just about anything but I really am worried I don't have the strength or stamina to do something like P90X. I did about 10 minutes of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (found on youtube) a few days ago and nearly died, lol. My push ups are a total joke. I'm thinking if I continue with things like 30 day shred for April, then I should be ready for P90X by May? Thoughts...opinions please?

TIA

Amy
  • sexysuz
    sexysuz Posts: 1
    Options
    I have had P90X for a couple years now and love it. It is hard but a GREAT workout. I have also done Jillian Michaels 30day shred (not the way she instructs just as a supplement to my workouts) and in my opinion if you can work your way through JM you can do P90X. Tony on P 90X is pretty good at showing modified moves.
    Hope this helps, good luck
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Here's the fitness test for prior to starting p90x.

http://site.super-fit.com/p90xfittest.pdf
  • imcrystal
    imcrystal Posts: 21
    Options
    Aymie - My husband is doing the P90X now and he's on these message boards a lot. He's also a Beachbody coach so he could help you answer some of the questions you have. He's done the Power 90 and is in the middle of P90X.

He looks absolutely amazing (I'm a little jealous..LOL). Why don't you get in touch with him....He can help you out! His e-mail is coachtr@live.com or you can find him on his own P90X thread on here - his name is tonyrr1. Hope this helps!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's an incredible program!! I am also a Team Beachbody coach, so let me know if you have any questions!

I've been using the workouts for almost 2 yrs now and my hubby has joined me in the last year. It's gotten us in incredible shape!! Let me know if you have questions! :bigsmile:
  • shopie
    shopie Posts: 39
    Options
    They give you several options for the workouts. Tony Horton gives you easy, middle, and hard way to doing the exersices. If you are in reasonable shape you will be able to work through it.
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello,

TIA

Amy

I have a friend who is doing P90X and she had never worked out a day in her life. She was never an athlete in high school or anything and a push up was so foreign to her. Now, she's a few weeks away from completing her first round!! I'm so proud of her I can't even begin to explain it. She has had phenomenal results and started out the same size as you I believe. I vote yes for P90X and SHOCK your hubby when he gets home!! I know if my friend can do it, anyone with the heart and drive to make themselves healthier has already won half the battle. Congrats on wanting to change your life and good luck on deciding what to do next!

Oh- I'm 5 days away from completing my first round and it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    cjbranson, please post your results when you are finished. It's always amazing to hear about the incredible transformation that takes place with this program. It helps keep us motivated to stay with the fitness lifestyle. I continue to do P90X as part of a hybrid workout program. It is very versitile. Most of all, it gives you the tools to remain fit for life. Thanks!