can not understand how many callories i can actually have ??

Options
Hi everyone,
im colpletly confused, they give you wat your daily callorie allowance is daily, but if you exercise & you add the callories you burn off do you still have to eat your normal allowance before ur work out or are you allowed to eat more callories ?????? :ohwell:

Replies

• Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You earn extra calories from exercising. You can eat it if you want, but I was told by my personal trainer yesterday that I should hold off eating the extra calories if I want to lose weight. I have enough reserves to tuck into! :)
    But she did say that if I'm struggling and need more, to eat the extra calories.
    Hope that makes sense? :smile:
  • DairByNature
    DairByNature Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    that helps thanks !! It makes much more sense, i mean i dont need to be eating more thats how i got in this mess in the first place lol, x x x :heart:
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    that helps thanks !! It makes much more sense, i mean i dont need to be eating more thats how i got in this mess in the first place lol, x x x :heart:

LOL... Good luck! :)
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Personal trainer sounds a lil mis-informed. You need to be at a 10-20% caloric defecit to lose weight. The higher your bodyfat the higher defecit. If you burn too many calories and end up with way under 15-20% under your maintenance your body will go into a catabolic state and begin to use your muscle as an energy source, therefore eating your muscle. Best way to combat this is to make sure you get 1-1.25 grams of protein per lean body mass, and make sure you stay within a 10-20% defecit of maintenance.
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If I work out I dont put it on until after my calories are done for the day. So if I eat what I am allowed Im fine, then what I burned is just extra. If you have fat stores to burn you are ok.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Think about it, if you weren't supposed to eat the extra calories, why would they add them to your total?
  • DairByNature
    Options
    good point but im burning off at least 500 - 700 callories 4-5 days a week, but im feeling better & im trying to stick to less the added callories they give u after exercise & just see wat happens :smile:
  • SharryC
    SharryC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what your doing to burn that many calories and how long are your work outs?
  • DairByNature
    Options
    :wink: im doing 20 min bolling hill's ( standing bike ) 4 min cool down, then crosstrainer for 20 min, & 4 min cool down, then fast walk for 25 min on rolling hills & 3 min cooldown, well this is wat i done today, it changes from day to day ! why do you ask ? im struggling but this week i have my mind set right on it