Saying NO to office treats!

Options
So this may not seem like a big deal to some, but this is HUGE to me! When I started working in this office, my boss showed me this huge tub of fun size chocolate bites she keeps. Well pretty soon I found myself going there almost three times a day!

Well I'm very excited to say that it's been 2 whole weeks since I've visited the dreaded candy jar :happy:

I am aiming to lose just a little weight, 10 pounds, and I am struggling! So to me, even these little accomplishments help.

What has anyone else accomplished that they're proud of??

Replies

• star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    So this may not seem like a big deal to some, but this is HUGE to me! When I started working in this office, my boss showed me this huge tub of fun size chocolate bites she keeps. Well pretty soon I found myself going there almost three times a day!

Well I'm very excited to say that it's been 2 whole weeks since I've visited the dreaded candy jar :happy:

I am aiming to lose just a little weight, 10 pounds, and I am struggling! So to me, even these little accomplishments help.

• shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've been swapping my diet coke for water, and only allowing myself one 12 oz in the afternoon for a pick me up.

I think it's been working- this week I broke through my 6 month plateau at 160, and weighed in at 157! :love:
  • lucky01day
    lucky01day Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    great job to both of you!
    I have a major issue with the office snacks myself... I just get bored at work and like to munch b/c it keeps me going... SO HARD :(
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    Oh i totally understand. I've learned that if its bad in my drawer, or someone else's drawer, I'll eat it. So, i have tried to be really good to only have healthy stuff in the fridge and drawer at work. The treats people make and bring in are the worst for me!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Good job y'all!! I don't have so many difficulties with chocolate (lucky for me, I hate it :smile:) But my law school gives out free lunches to go with attorneys who speak to the class usually twice a week. And the free food really helps my budget ... What I've learned to do though is to open up my laptop (after we find out the food and before the speaker starts), calculate the fat and calories, and eat what I can of it. Usually the portion size is plenty to fill me up til I get home, and I've saved the money on a day's lunch (often I'll supplement with a piece of fruit, too). Gotta love it!

Go us!! :flowerforyou: And congrats on going two whole weeks!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

Good for you! That is really hard! A lot of our clients bring in treats (donuts, cookies, bars, chocolates, all the bad stuff!) Its so hard to resist!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    it definitely helps to hop on here and check out how many calories are in whatever it is you are about to eat. I denied ONE Hershey's Kiss because it had 25 calories, I had grapefruit instead! You just gotta keep your healthy fruits and veggies and bust them out when someone else busts out the doughnuts!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I have a similar problem at work, my supervisor buys doughnuts all the time and really pushes them at me and also makes fun of me if I don't take one, tells me I need to put some weight on!:noway: :grumble:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My office is ordering five guys burgers and fries today for my boss' birthday lunch. One "SMALL" burger has over 700 calories.

I am sticking with my lunch and carrot sticks and laughing cow cheese wedges..

UGH greasy fried goodness...I'll be able to smell it soon :sad:
  • star139
    Options
    I have a similar problem at work, my supervisor buys doughnuts all the time and really pushes them at me and also makes fun of me if I don't take one, tells me I need to put some weight on!:noway: :grumble:

I hate that. I hate my extra weight pretty well because of how tall I am, and everyone in my office makes a comment if I decide not to eat the cake or muffins brought it. Just ignore it! Remember how you feel when you follow your plan for the day. Those people are obviously envious!!
  • star139
    Options
    **hide** not hate. oops:blushing:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    This is a big danger zone for me. I work in a physical therapy clinic so patients are ALWAYS bringing in delicious things for us to as thank you for their treatment! Everytime they come in with something I cringe and hope that it's something that I don't like!

Luckily, I've been a lot better about snagging a bite or too!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is just awesome. well, my mom made a homemade mac and cheese and banana pudding and asked me did I want some, these are my two favorite foods, and I told her no I didn't want any.
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!... I find keeping my own stash of healthy snacks keeps me from the office goodies.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!