sick as a dog

Options
so i am sick as can be and if it weren't for having to take care of my 11 month old son i wouldn't be out of bed at all! so i don't have the enerdy to do a workout or any other real exercise today, so what does that mean about eating? my husband says i have a really wicked cold and i should stuff it and eat anything i can to get rid of it sooner, should i? should i try to stick with 1200cals? should i just wat anything i feel like? what do you do when you're sick?

Replies

• BrodiesMom
    Options
    so i am sick as can be and if it weren't for having to take care of my 11 month old son i wouldn't be out of bed at all! so i don't have the enerdy to do a workout or any other real exercise today, so what does that mean about eating? my husband says i have a really wicked cold and i should stuff it and eat anything i can to get rid of it sooner, should i? should i try to stick with 1200cals? should i just wat anything i feel like? what do you do when you're sick?
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I never feel bad about not exercising when I'm sick. Save your energy for caring for your little boy.

For me when I have a cold I make some spicy soup. I know everyone says chicken noodle and while I love that it just does not have any flavor when you already can't taste.
    My fav soup is Hot Italian sausage & tortellini. I only use 2 links of sausage for the whole pot of soup so it's not like it has to much fat. But the flavor is great.

Drink lots of water and rest as much as you can.

If it's a head cold/sinus thing using a neti pot might help. I use one daily for allergies. When DH was sick a few weeks ago he could not believe how much the neti pot helped. If you don't know what it is check it out on youtube. It's kind of weird but helps. They sell them at walmart.

Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    if it is a cold and you go to the gym try the steam room it really helps me with my sinuses... but if not put some vicks in your bathroom and get the shower really hot.. hot... hot.... hope this helps...
  • alisoncarl
    Options
    get well soon
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    how come no one ever says sick as a cat?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    seriously-- watching a cat puke is far grosser than watching a dog--