Changing from 2 lbs a week to 1.5 lbs.

Options
When I hit the magical 30 lb mark MFP suggested that I change my daily caliores to around 1570. Ever since I changed to that number, I have felt like I am starving all the time. Now I know I probably do not eat the right kinds of food and anyone can look at my food diary if they like and give me their opinion on that. Part of my problem stems from the fact that I have IBS and so too much green leafy stuff sends me over the top. I am looking for a good sustainable balance. I hit a plateau and I am afraid that its from not eating enough calories. Today for the first time in what seems like 2 weeks I have lost about 1/2 a pound. I have went over the 1570 for about 2 days. Is this just a coincidence? Is 1800 too much? I don't want to sabotage my progress.

I started at 275 Lbs

I am currently at 243.5

I would like to get to 230

I would long term like to get to between 200 and 210.

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    If something is working for you, why would you change?
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    You mean change by increasing my calories? Well two reasons. One I want to break this plateau and second I am trying to get to a level that I am more comfortable with because right now its all I can do to not binge eat at night and I stay starving.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I would set your goal to 1lb to 1.5lbs per week based on what you are saying. Mine is set at 1.5lbs/wk and I'd never go back to 2lbs/wk (I need more food than that!). Exercise and eat back you calories on those days so you don't feel starved. Eat the veggies your body can tolerate and make your snacks be a little lower in calories - fresh fruit, crackers, Greek yogurt, string cheese, etc.

Edit to add, can you change up your coffee routine? Cut some cream or sugar, or replace with less calorie options? I love my coffee too, don't get me wrong, but I drink it black most days because of all the empty calories that are in cream and sugar.
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    I have thought about that on the coffee. I think I could handle it some black. Is there a creamer out there that you could suggest that has low calories? Also which brand of sweetner is nutrasweet? Equal? I despise sacchrine and splenda but I like diet soda with nutrasweet but never tried it in coffee.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have thought about that on the coffee. I think I could handle it some black. Is there a creamer out there that you could suggest that has low calories? Also which brand of sweetner is nutrasweet? Equal? I despise sacchrine and splenda but I like diet soda with nutrasweet but never tried it in coffee.

I'm no help on low calorie coffee creamers as I don't use them, but maybe try some sugar fee versions? Or go to the store and just look at the labels and compare them to each other. I know a lot of people wont' give up their yummy creamers, so if you go that route just reduce how much you use. For sweetner, I know a lot of people use Stevia as it's zero calories (I believe). I get Starbucks about once a week and get a grande nonfat yummy drink for only 190 calories so you can definitely get your 300 calorie daily coffee down. :smile: