Anyone doing 6 wk 6 pack with an HRM?

Options
I’m doing 6 week 6 pack. I don’t have an HRM (hoping to get one soon). I’ve been logging this as circuit training on MFP. Today, I did Level 2. It doesn’t seem right to log Level 2 as 35 min of circuit training and get the same calories burned as Level 1.

Has anyone with a monitor done both levels? I’m just curious what the difference is in calories burned. I know mine won’t be the same as yours. I’d like to get a little extra credit for a MUCH more intense 35 minute workout.

Replies

• kimgravel
    Options
    I don't so I can't answer your question, but I'm just wondering how much more challenging you found week 2 compared to week 1. I'm thinking of moving up soon, but a little bit scared!
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 every day for a week. I just got bored. So today, I thought I'd try Level 2. If I couldn't keep up, I'd go back to Level 1. I did it. It was tough. There are two girls...one does beginner version and the other does the advanced. I do the somewhere-in-between version. I'll stick with Level 2. It's a better workout for me. Just need to get another video, so I can switch things up and not get bored and stop all together.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    squats and dead-lifts
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My HRM doesn't like Jillian workouts. It seems to freak out when I do any floor work (abs, strength, etc) and my watch will keep beeping and telling me to check my HRM. I log what it gives me as my calories burned in MFP, but I don't think it's 100% accurate for those DVDs.

P.S. It's not my HRM, because it had NEVER done that before with aerobics class, Zumba, etc.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Looking at my past logs, last time I did Level 1 my HRM said I burned 366 calories, Level 2 was 309 - which is funny because I find Level 2 so much harder, but it's possible that I didn't push as hard because it was my first time doing Level 2 in awhile. :tongue:
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    I've been doing it for a couple days (Level 1). Mind you, I can't get through an entire session without stopping for about 10 minutes (lol). But I did manage to burn 200 calories yesterday (according to my HRM). I think if I were to keep up with the entire routine, I can easily burn up to 300 to 350. Hope that helps
  • Nefertiti31
    Nefertiti31 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just bought one of Jillian's videos. Is that what you log it in as? Not aerobics? (I'm a newbie when it comes to logging in exercises lol)
  • kimgravel
    Options
    I just bought one of Jillian's videos. Is that what you log it in as? Not aerobics? (I'm a newbie when it comes to logging in exercises lol)

I log all of Jillian's videos as circuit training, general.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I've been logging the 6 week 6 pack video as "circuit training". Interval training wasn't listed and Jillian even calls it interval training. She does an exercise for a minute or two and then changes to another. Like squats for a little bit, then lunges, then mountain climbers, then side cruches. I think that's why I like it......she's always changing things up.
  • Nefertiti31
    Nefertiti31 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay. Thanks for the advice!