Leslie Sansone - Walking work-outs at home - Amazing!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    On Leslie Sansone's website, the question of calories burned is answered in her blog. She states that you burn 100 calories per mile without boosters and 125 to 150 with boosters. The link is below. I hope this helps.

http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/calorie-burn-per-mile/
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your invaluable input everyone. I do believe that i have finally found something that I will really enjoy - and thats half the battle between sticking with something or just giving up.

Forward, slowly and steadily with fitness, wins the proverbial race!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this just did 11 minutes lmao just before school run will do more later
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I always see her DVDs at Walmart and I pass them up. I just looked her up on youtube and I like what she's doing. I might have to pick up a DVD for when it's too crummy to be outside.
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did 3 of her workouts yesterday for 40 mins and the total calories was 375 for the duration.
    I feel fantastic on it and aim to do it at least every day! Loving the feeling!!
  • Snubbleup
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This really does make it excuse proof for me. I can walk anytime of the day, no moves to learn. I can bump up the intensity - easily (weights, bigger arms, higher kicks) and even use my own music.

Generally speaking .... Walk at Home DVDs are chaptered and Walk Away the Pounds are not chaptered. That means ... with Walk at Home ... you can skip around & just do your favorite miles.

here's a clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsfbneFQ_8&feature=related
  • koumbay
    koumbay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the 2 mile one, I've done it twice, it is a great workout and I find the time goes so quickly! I'm doing a challenge this month that wanted us to walk 50 miles for February and I knew with winter being here and a baby who doesn't always cooperate while walking outside, I did a little searching and came across these videos, so this is how I know for sure I can get my 50 miles in!
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I log it as aerobic light exercise or wa;lying steady pace 3.0 MPH for the 1 mile one x