• Willpower90x
    Willpower90x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Does anyone recommend the 48 Hour Hollywood Miracle diet?:glasses:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    No, sounds like a hoax. :flowerforyou:

You are just 48 hours away to a healthier, slimmer, more energetic you!
    In just 2 days, you will experience:

* dramatic weight loss of up to 10 pounds or more!
    * an even slimmer you
    * a tremendous decrease in your craving for "killer foods"
    * natural detox: a vacation for your body, mind and spirit
    * a boost of natural energy

10 pounds in 2 days is NOT healthy at all. :noway:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Since you are considering doing the P90X program, I would hesitate doing any type of "fad" diet. Do what P90X recommends as far as diet. It fits in perfectly with the workouts. Don't worry about the weight while doing this program. You will become healthy and fit, you will lose the unwanted fat and put on a fair amount of muscle.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I tried it in a time of desperation . . . My boyfriend threw it out on me before I was finished on the 2nd day . . . I couldn't even stand up. It made me so sick and I didn't lose any weight and I didn't even so much as chew a piece of gum while on it!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well, you could lick a toilet bowl or eat some raw chicken and it would be just as effective, but much cheaper.

:bigsmile:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    There are no quick fixes.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Well said, jtintx.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I remember when that was "in". I actually got a free sample from my work at the time. It's boasts about nutrients and detox effects ... it's just flavored water and no more nutrients than a dose of airborne.

If you want a 48-hour jump start ... have nothing but water, fresh fruits, fresh veggies, beans, sprouts, and gluten-free whole grains for a weekend. It's cheaper and you wont have to go hungry.
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    I couldn't imagine doing that... I'd be starving. :frown: That's basically a starvation diet; and even if you did lose the weight, you would gain it right back.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I've never tried it, but I can imagine that it would be HORRIBLE. if I'm not mistaken, you only get to have that drink and nothing else... but I could be wrong... either way, losing 10 hours in 2 days sounds like it would be horrible and not fun at all.
  • Willpower90x
    Willpower90x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was kind of skeptical, but your right there are no quick fixes and after everyone making pretty good points, I don't think this would be good for my P90x program. Thanks for all the great responses. :drinker: