Planet Fitness circuit training?

Options
I tried doing a forum search but couldn't find an answer, hopefully this isn't a repost!

I'm a member of Planet Fitness and I'm interested in trying their 30 minute circuit. I have a feeling I can figure out the machines by looking at the instructions on them, but I'm not sure what to do in the middle of the room, where they have these block type things with hand bars. I've asked at the front desk and their answer is to take one of the 30-minute circuit classes, but unfortunately none of the classes fit with my schedule.

I've tried googling, but to no avail. The best I've found is that the blocks are meant to be used between each machine, but that's it.

Any other Planet Fitness members who can help me out?

Replies

• lgerweck
    Options
    I'm also a member of planet fitness, and I've often seen people use the them as step up platforms and all sorts of alternatives to step ups.
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    They don't give good instruction and I am sooo glad you asked instead of jumping in and possibly throwing someones routine off...trust me..happens to me all the time. There should be a block labeled "1" you start there. Use it like a step(up and down or whatever you want) while the light is green. Once the light is red, go to the #2 station, then back to #3 block..so on and so forth.
  • 247inspired
    247inspired Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree they don't give great instructions, but the alternating step up and circuit training makes an easy nice 30 minute workout that anyone can do. Just have to stay on task, follow the numbers, watch the lights and wipe down machines during the 30 seconds between exercises. It is easier than it sounds.
  • Empressofvibez
    Options
    Anyone know how to enter in Planet Fitness circuit training on my fitness. I don't know all of the machines and I just did each until the light went red,
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 minute circuit at PF from time to time. I would use it more often, but I get SO annoyed when people don't follow the flow right & that seems to happen often.
    On the middle bits you can do WHATEVER you want! Here are somethings I do sometime:

* plank. Holding a plank for a minute can be cardio for sure!
    * jump n jacks
    * step ups. If I'm needing my heart rate to drop just step up. step down
    * jump overs.
    * step up/ cross body elbow to knee touches
    *if the free weight section isn't too busy you can grab a heavier handweight & do kettle bell style swings. that's a heart rate booster & a good core

Your imaginiation is the limit.

& I usually put it in as Curves Circuit training when I track calories, tho I have worn a heart rate monitor while doing it before & I guess it's more challenging. So I just add about 5 minutes. So if I did it for 30 minutes I'll dock it as 35-37 minutes of Curves Circuit Training

Hope that helps!
  • Mrs_BST
    Mrs_BST Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ^^^ good tips from her!

Basically, the point is the get your heart rate up with a minute of cardio and let it go down some while you go the different weight machines. It gives you a full body workout and is quick. I like to do Mt. Climbers, plank jacks, jump rope, squats, lunges, russian twits or just crunches, wall squats, butt ups (step up and swing one leg back, alternate), step up backwards, and spider man planks. Pretty much anything that gets your heart rate up for that minute. I've also had issues with people not following the flow; I just nicely remind them of the rules and most people ware apologetic and just didn't know. Other people are rude and I have no problem telling management. I pay my monthly bill and I will not have my workouts screwed up by rude people! Good luck!!
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bump ^_^
  • Empressofvibez
    Options
    Cricut is under Cardio :heart:
  • jozamudio
    jozamudio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you look on the back wall of the circuit room there should be an example of the types of exercises for the steps.
    :smile: