Am I hungry? Or do I just want to eat?

Options
I'm sitting here at work, and all I can think about is food! But I don't think I'm hungry! what do I do?

Replies

• sophiamour
    Options
    Drink 2 glasses of water and see how you feel. Whenever your body is thirty you can start feeling the urge to eat....if that doesn't help, try some chewing gum, or just have a small healthy snack like an apple.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What kind of work? It may be the same situation my friend had when she quit smoking. It was more the action then what she was doing. Chew gum or fiddle with something...and take the person above's advice. A lot of the time people think they're hungry when they're actually thirsty and can't identify it.
  • shannonmelek
    shannonmelek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I work in a office for a company but I just sit on a computer all day.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    depends. would you take the red...or the blue pill?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I work in a office for a company but I just sit on a computer all day.

I hear you. If you're on the front desk you could always try fiddling with something or doing something that makes you think (ie take your mind off snacking, or off work if that's why you want a snack).

If you're work requires a lot of in depth thinking and you're taking a 'coffee break' to get your mind off it, you're in the same boat as me. I use to snack when I develop software. Instead of "grabbing something with a hot chocolate" during my brain farts I started walking out to the kitchen and drinking a glass of water there. It's amazing how much weight you drop when you cut out a snack that you eat regularly! I find hot chocolate sickly now. And I find drinking water kinda resets my brain which was helpful. To much and you start to loose focus tho, so watch out!

It may be a good idea to keep carrot sticks or celery available and every time you crave the snacks eat something. You may find that you're just hungry for something healthy, not snacks.