Why?? Why are YOU trying to lose the weight?!

Options
Sometimes it helps me if I 'revisit' my reasons for trying to lose weight.....so here are MY reasons..

-to be HEALTHY..and live as long as possible
-to fit into my beautiful clothes (currently all sitting in my closet, wondering why I"m not wearing them)
-to look fab on the beach this summer
-to be in the best shape possible when we decide to start a family (in a few years)

Ahhh, with reasons like THAT, I should be sooo motivated....:D

Replies

• loriamcq
    Options
    1. To be healthy.
    2. For my husband, he deserves better.
    3. Because I hate being the fat girl at work.
    4. So I can buy a cute bathing suit instead of the "old lady" one I'm currently wearing. :tongue:
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    1. To be healthy.
    2. For my husband, he deserves better.
    3. Because I hate being the fat girl at work.
    4. So I can buy a cute bathing suit instead of the "old lady" one I'm currently wearing. :tongue:

Awesome reasons!!! I would like to add 'for my husband' too....he deserves better..and so do I. :) We can do this!! One day at a time, and before you know it, we'll be looking fabulous in those cute bathing suits! :D
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1. To be as healthy as possible so I live a long and productive life.
    2. So I can use my healthy self in any way God calls.
    3. That twinkle in my hubby's eye when he looks at me - I want to see me that way.
    4. To inspire my (almost 18 yr old) daughter to be healthy.
  • littlebean24
    Options
    Mine :

1. To be healthy
    2. To feel confident about my body
    3. To love going clothes shopping again

I am so ready to lose this weight and keep it off! :D
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    1. To show my son what healthy looks like.
    2. To prove that I CAN do it.
    3. To find the girl that I was ever so briefly before pregnancy.
    4. To give my husband a reason to say "THAT is my WIFE!:love: " he does that anyway but you know... :blushing:
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    yay!! loving your motivations ladies!!! just think of how GREAT we'll feel once we can do all of these things!! :D
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    1. To prolong my life - my father died quite young.
    2. So I don't feel so self-conscious with my slim partner.
    3. To eventually be a good role model to any sprogs I may spawn.
    4. To allow me to dress how I want, rather than how I can.
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    1. To prolong my life - my father died quite young.
    2. So I don't feel so self-conscious with my slim partner.
    3. To eventually be a good role model to any sprogs I may spawn.

AWESOME reasons!!! before long, you will be a great role model!!! stay positive!!!
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    -So I am no longer the fat sister. (I have 5 sisters and they are all seriously gorgeous). Looking at pictures at some of us together is what finally kicked my butt in gear. So when we go shopping together I don't have to pretend I am smaller than I am...:/ (even if they are awesome and fully supportive of where ever I am.
    - So that people can see me. The way Christ has changed me from the inside out. That I am not just a fat person who clearly needs to fill a void with food.
    - So I can finally be fit again! I LOVE sports, running, hiking, but I have just been too out of shape to do them to my level of desire.
    - So that my kids see a good example, and not just see all healthy foods, but wonder why mom is still big and unhealthy if she eats all these healthy foods (we have always eaten pretty well- I just eat too much).
    - So I can actually feel sexy for my husband, instead of a fat person.
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    -So I am no longer the fat sister. (I have 5 sisters and they are all seriously gorgeous). Looking at pictures at some of us together is what finally kicked my butt in gear. So when we go shopping together I don't have to pretend I am smaller than I am...:/ (even if they are awesome and fully supportive of where ever I am.
    - So that people can see me. The way Christ has changed me from the inside out. That I am not just a fat person who clearly needs to fill a void with food.
    - So I can finally be fit again! I LOVE sports, running, hiking, but I have just been too out of shape to do them to my level of desire.
    - So that my kids see a good example, and not just see all healthy foods, but wonder why mom is still big and unhealthy if she eats all these healthy foods (we have always eaten pretty well- I just eat too much).
    - So I can actually feel sexy for my husband, instead of a fat person.
    I have 3 sisters, and would LOVE to not feel like the 'big one' too!!! We can do this...for all of these reasons AND for ourselves....:D We deserve it girl!
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options

Well said!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I want to live to be 100
  • rawr19114
    Options
    if you asked me two years ago, I would have put looking better,wanting to be prettier right at the top of the list. more and more i am now realizing that i need to do this for health reasons. im 21 and i dont want the number of health problems that can come with being obese. my father used to be 450 pounds, he thankfully got gastric bypass but still, its motivating me to not end up like that. im trying to break my bad eating habits and create good ones now. I am a pastry chef so sweets are my weakness. i know everyone says dont trust a skinny chef but i need to be healthy. as someone who will be working in the kitchen for long hours on her feet, the less weight i carry around, the less im hoping it will damage my joints, back, and lessen my chances for arthritis. dont get me wrong, i'd LOVE to be back in a bikini top for the summer but that will be a bonus to improving my health.
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    I want to live to be 100

yay!!!!
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options

4 Skinny sisters here. I understand the want to not be the "fat" sister!
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    if you asked me two years ago, I would have put looking better,wanting to be prettier right at the top of the list. more and more i am now realizing that i need to do this for health reasons. im 21 and i dont want the number of health problems that can come with being obese. my father used to be 450 pounds, he thankfully got gastric bypass but still, its motivating me to not end up like that. im trying to break my bad eating habits and create good ones now. I am a pastry chef so sweets are my weakness. i know everyone says dont trust a skinny chef but i need to be healthy. as someone who will be working in the kitchen for long hours on her feet, the less weight i carry around, the less im hoping it will damage my joints, back, and lessen my chances for arthritis. dont get me wrong, i'd LOVE to be back in a bikini top for the summer but that will be a bonus to improving my health.
    I LOVE your reasons girl!!! before long, you'll be healthier, happier, and in that bikini top!!! :D We deserve it!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

4 Skinny sisters here. I understand the want to not be the "fat" sister!

Same I have a gorgeous skinny older sister and skinny TWIN sister which totally sucks....but I would also like to fall in love...I find it really hard to love someone else until I love myself.....and I don't want to be alone forever
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1. Zombie Apocalypse.
    2. Cuter clothes!
  • queenkb
    Options
    Ha! I have a long list but my baby sis is my motivation. She was always smaller growing up but after her set of twin boys she got up there and became my little/big sis! How about I started this program before her and she's now my little little sis! Love her progress but she is definitely a big motivating factor! I can be the big sis but Fat Sis...I THINK NOT! :smile:
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    To be fit before I start a family
    To actually WANT to go on a beach vacation and to wear a bathing suit
    To look hot (if I'm being honest, right?)
    To get this weight off so I can get ON with my life.