Running out of steam

Options
So since 1st of Jan I've been rigidly sticking to my cals (1200, sometimes eat some of my exercise cals) and doing at least 30 mins of cardio a day (this is from no exercise, so it's a big deal for me).

Up to now I've been happy, proud of myself, not hungry.

I started 30DS on Monday and ever since I'm sore, tired, starving all the time.

Is it the fact that it's a more intense workout? Or am I just running out of steam and after the first month it gets harder to stay on track?

I have no intention of quitting. Just wish I was feeling more upbeat.

Replies

• glenclewis
    glenclewis Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's a more intense workout which requires more fuel (food) than your eating.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You need to up your food. protein and some carbs. stretch really good and drink LOTS of water!!! in your goal page it will give you a cal deficit. those are the extra cals you can eat after your exercise. try a protein shake if you're just trying to tone. whey protein works great. and they have lots of different flavors.
  • KCharron20
    Options
    You might be burning a lot more calories and not eating enough. I would try increasing your calorie intake and see how you feel. Also do you take a protein shake after your workout? I am a lot less sore the next day as long as I have it. It's got to be a shake high in Whey Isolates so it gets into your muscles quickly. I use GNC Amp. Expensive, but well worth it.

Hang in there!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks, some good advice.

I have never tried a protein shake, ever! I'm still trying to lose weight and tone at the same time so I don't end up with loose skin.
    I drink tonnes of water. I'd probably overdo it if I drank anymore.

My diet is not fantastic, but I am trying to improve it slowly. My diary is open to friends, I'll change that to open fully now in two minutes.

I'm not a big meat eater, most of my protein comes from chicken and eggs. Maybe I need to work on that.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm sore, tired, starving all the time.

Classic signs that you need more food. Don't worry. You will still lose.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok diary is now public and I can take constructive critisism.

Since Monday (day 1 of 30DS) I'm craving sugar big time.