Brand Spanking New

Options
I'm very new to fitness forums, but have been doing the 'fit' thing for most of my life.
I'm a 46 year old Mom to 5 kiddos and I work out of my home for the most part. I have 50 pounds to lose!

I'm starting to train for a 1/2 marathon in May, but I am by no means a speed racer. My pace is just slightly faster than a walk (13+ minute miles) and I'm carrying an extra 50 pounds so my body is completely revolting.

I'm in the worst shape of my life and honestly, I'm just looking to get thru this. I want better health and a better weight.

I've been dieting and exercising for the past two weeks and have lost 4 pounds. It is definitely a start, but my I won't hit my goal weight until the end of July, AS ALONG AS I stay on track , do it right, do it ways I can maintain, I should be fine. I have traveled this road before.

My hope is to find friends here in the same boat and share and chat and encourage.

Replies

• rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Your head is in the perfect place to lose the weight the healthy way and keep it off while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me!
  • cassblue21
    Options
    I just started a 10k training this morning! I am very psyched about it. I did C25K that ended last Oct but did not stick with it. I have 20-30 more lbs to lose and they just stopped coming off! Ugh! Since you will be training also if you would like to keep me encouraged and vice versa feel free to add me!
  • janetrene
    janetrene Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your are on the right track. July is a good goal to keep that way the weight doesn't come off to fast. I am currently trying to lose my last 80lbs of weight. It has taken me 7 months to lose the 30 I have lost. It is a complete lifestyle change and if you are ready for it and have the right support it will happen. I am actually training for a 5k that is happening in Oct. here in my city! Good luck I know if you put your mind to it you will accomplish your goal by May for your run as well! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some additional support!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Welcome! I think you're goals are awesome. I did C25K and G28K programs and have been contemplating training for a half marathon. Good luck to you! I'll send you an add...