Losing weight but not decreasing measurements.

Options
I have lost about 3kg (sorry, not sure about lbs) and have about 5kg to go.
But I haven't lost any centimetres around my tummy - if anything I have gained there!
For a month I have been eating as healthy as I ever have in my life and doing quite a lot of cardio workouts and a little bit of weight training.

Why would I not be getting smaller? It is really disillusioning as it is my flabby tummy that I most want to see a decrease in. :-(

Any ideas?

Replies

• golope
    golope Posts: 54
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you, but I have the same problem. I'll be interested in the feedback you get. I've always heard the opposite - don't worry if the scale goes up because muscle weighs more - but I have the same issue that you do. I'm glad to see the scale go down, but I'd like to see some inches too. :smile:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Are you checking other measurements as well or just your belly?

Weight loss doesn't always come off in the spots we want them too first. Sorry I can't give you a better answer =/
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    As A female I have noticed my abdominal circumference changes depending on the time of the month and what I've had to eat or drink.. I can gain 2 inches from just eating chinese food..

Start measuring other areas of your body, like your thing, upper arm, neck and bust.
  • kiwilaurie
    kiwilaurie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok. I will measure waist and tummy. Upper arm is a good one too. I am not measuring my bust as I am breastfeeding and that can change hugely at the moment.

I forgot to add, that I am eating my minimum calories and I eat back the vast majority of my exercise calories too. So I think I am being sensible. Just so disappointed that I can't really see any changes to my body.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As A female I have noticed my abdominal circumference changes depending on the time of the month and what I've had to eat or drink.. I can gain 2 inches from just eating chinese food..

Start measuring other areas of your body, like your thing, upper arm, neck and bust.

this^^

also a better measurement for your chest could be just under your armpits (that way it wont fluctuate as much)
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was taught in school ages ago so that you lose in the opposite order you gain weight. So let's say you gain

Tummy
    Legs
    Arms
    Neck

When you lose it will be

Neck
    Arms
    Legs
    then Tummy.