4.5 pounds lost .. yipee

Options
Cindysunshine
Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
Hi everyone, Last Monday when I weighed in I hadn't lost a thing despite doing 2 workouts a day and eating 1,400 calories a day. I was freaked out to say the least. I decided last week to keep the exercise up but bump my calories up to 1,700 -1,800 a day. I even ate a hamburger mid week last week. I weighed in today and was down 4.5 pounds. Now, I might have been bloated on the weigh in last week or upping my calories worked. I think it's a combo of both. If your stuck try upping your calories or having a meal thats higher in calories. I decided one a month or even once every 3 weeks I'm going to let myself have one meal that's not on my plan. I eat very well the rest of the time. Healthy fats and carbs, whole grains and low fat dairy. I eat very little red meat. I love this site and the way I feel. :smile: Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou: Cindy :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi everyone, Last Monday when I weighed in I hadn't lost a thing despite doing 2 workouts a day and eating 1,400 calories a day. I was freaked out to say the least. I decided last week to keep the exercise up but bump my calories up to 1,700 -1,800 a day. I even ate a hamburger mid week last week. I weighed in today and was down 4.5 pounds. Now, I might have been bloated on the weigh in last week or upping my calories worked. I think it's a combo of both. If your stuck try upping your calories or having a meal thats higher in calories. I decided one a month or even once every 3 weeks I'm going to let myself have one meal that's not on my plan. I eat very well the rest of the time. Healthy fats and carbs, whole grains and low fat dairy. I eat very little red meat. I love this site and the way I feel. :smile: Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou: Cindy :flowerforyou:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's great! I do the same thing and it works for me too. I allow myself a hamburger once a month and some sort of mexican food too! I eat very little red meat as well. I also stay away from pasta. Keep it up!!

177215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    wow, congrats. That is just awesome, Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I just started two weeks ago and follow the almost the same pattern as you. I weighed myself today and I am 5 lbs down.. Keep up the great work.:drinker:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Continue the great work!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job! Sounds like you're doing it right. No wonder a lot of people on here say to eat your exercise calories. Upping that intake seems to work when you're working out a lot. That's something I've been personally noticing lately.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Thanks a bunch guys! :bigsmile: :smile: :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Cindy I am so proud of you. you are doing everything right. How are my little girls? Miss seeing the little one on your post, but is a lovely picture of you This is the time for you. We will have a before of you and after you lose to your goal we can have yur after pictures :heart: Marie
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're doing awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!