Looking for Quinoa Salad Recipe

Options
I really like the Costco Quinoa Salad and would love a similar recipe if anyone has one and would like to share. Thanks so much in advance. :)

Replies

• bhunt5678
    Options
    PLease, anyone?????
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know what's in their salad.

Try going to allrecipes.com. One of their advanced searches lets you search by ingredient.

Also try googling quinoa salad and/or the ingredients.
  • sidonieaten
    sidonieaten Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I add stir fried zucchini, red bell pepper, onion, mushroom and toasted pine nuts and sometimes a small amount of feta cheese and it is delish!
  • bhunt5678
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, I will for sure give the ideas a try. :)
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Costco's salad is like but this is my favorite by far...
    http://www.canadianliving.com/food/quick_and_easy/grilled_vegetable_quinoa_salad.php
  • bhunt5678
    Options
    Thanks so much, I want to try a lot of different ones for variety.:smile:
  • steffspringer
    Options
    My favorite Quinoa Salad:

3 chopped Bell Peppers (One Red, One Orange, One Yellow for color!)
    1 Chopped Red Onino
    1-1/2 Chopped (and seeded) Jalapeno (Depending on how spicy you want it!)
    1 Can of Black Beans drained+rinsed
    1 Can of Corn drained and rinsed
    1/2 Bunch of Cilantro chopped
    1/2 Bunch of scallions chopped
    1/2 cup of quinoa (measured while it is uncooked!)

Dressing:
    3 tbsp lime juice
    1 tbsp Olive oil
    a pinch of salt'
    a pinch of basil
    a pinch of orregano

it is SOOO delicious, especially if you make Cilantro chicken on the side! :D

Hope you like it.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Morrocoan Salad

• 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
    • 190g (1 cup) quinoa
    • 2 tsp olive oil
    • 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
    • 1 garlic clove, crushed
    • 1 tsp ground cumin
    • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
    • 2 large (about 280g) ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
    • 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
    • 1/5 cup firmly packed coarsely chopped fresh coriander
    • 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
    • Freshly ground black pepper
    1. Cook quinoa in stock instead of water. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until onion softens. Add the garlic, cumin, cinnamon and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the tomato and chickpeas and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
    2. Add onion mixture, coriander and lemon juice to the couscous and toss to combine. Taste and season with pepper.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think one of the tricks to a good quinoa salad is to cook the grain (2 cups) in a broth of your choice (veggie broth for me, 4 cups). Then add some veggies (peppers, onions, celery; 1/2 cup each) and black beans (1-15.5 oz can). Season it with salt and pepper and dress to taste with Annie's Roasted Red Pepper dressing. It's simple, delicious and light. Happy eating!

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • hdubrick10
    Options
    Grape & Quinoa Salad

1 1/4 cup of fat free, low sodium chicken broth
    1 cup quinoa
    2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
    2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
    2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
    4 oz fat-free feta, crumbled (1 cup)
    1/3 cup dried currants (optional)
    1/3 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    1 tbsp. diced sweet onion

1. in a medium saucepan bring broth to a boil over medium-high heat. stir in quinoa; reduce heat to low. Cook, covered 15-20 mins or until quinoa is tender. remove from heat and fluff with a fork & set aside.

2. preheat oven to 375 F. place grapes om a large bowl. drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil & 1 tbsp of the vinegar; toss and coat. Spread grapes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 10-12 mins, stirring once. Remove from oven; let cook completely.

3. In a large bowl combine quinoa, grapes, feta, currents, almonds, parsley & onion. In a small bowl whisk together remaining oil & vinegar. Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss & coat. Serve immediately or cover & refrigerate until ready to serve.

Amazing & sooo worth it!!!

Serves 6

Per serving:

280 calories
    Fat: 10g
    1g saturated fat
    10mg cholesterol
    210mg sodium
    39g carbohydrate
    12g fibre
    12g protein
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I make one with qinoa, grilled chicken breast, avocado, grilled corn, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, coriander (cilantro), red onion, chilli and a big squeeze of lime. Delicious! Basiaclly just make pico de gallo and throw over some chicken, qinoa and vegies. You can't really go wrong!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Oh, lots of good ideas. Thanks.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kaileysgran
    Options
    bump
  • lissamok
    Options
    Courtesy of my favorite site: designsponge.com:

Spicy Roasted Broccolini Quinoa Salad

Ingredients

1 bunch broccolini, stalks trimmed
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 lemon, juiced
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 cup quinoa
    2 cups vegetable stock
    1–2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
    1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

2. Cut the broccolini into bite-sized pieces, about 1 1/2 inches.

3. Place broccolini on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze the lemon over the raw broccolini and season with salt, pepper and the red pepper flakes. Toss to make sure each piece is coated.

4. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes in the pre-heated oven, until stalks are tender and the heads of the broccolini are just lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.

5. In a medium-sized pot, combine the quinoa and vegetable stock. Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let the quinoa cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.

6. Once the quinoa is fully cooked, fluff with a fork, and toss in the roasted broccolini, crumbled goat cheese and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I know nothing about Costco's quinoa salad, but I made one tonight that is off the chain. Found the recipe here: http://thediva-dish.com/uncategorized/healthy-living-class-green-drinks-sweet-eats-and-salads/ (it's a long blog post, scroll about half way down the page and you'll find it...it's the lemon quinoa chickpea salad and it is heavenly!!!). Weird that your post caught my attention since I only made this tonight and can't get over how delicious it was.
  • iwannaloose
    iwannaloose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you also might want to try the recipe site called Skinny Taste, which I know several people are using their recipes while doing My Fitness Pal. www.skinnytaste.com and it should take you right there. there is a box where you can type in the name of a recipe you are looking for, and if they have it, it will bring it up for you. you can also print out these recipes if you like. i use their site all the time and make dinners for my whole family, and there recipes can be found here on My Fitness Pal. Very healthy, low calories on a lot of their stuff. It's worth a try!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I would look up tabouleh, and make something like that using quinoa instead.
    Or I would mix the cooked quinoa with 1/4 c chopped kalamata olives, a cup of chopped parsley, 3 Oz of feta, a touch of olive oil mixed with the juice of a lemon, and some lemon zest, and maybe some chopped scallions, finely diced red peppers (confetti sized) or something like that.
    I kind of like making things up as I go, and tacking them in my recipes - wish I could share them more easily..
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks.