Hello from southern California!

Hi everyone :smile:
I'm trying this weight loss thing again - I've tried to lose weight before but have never really put 100% of my effort into it. After seeing my mom (mid-40's) be diagnosed with cancer, diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart problems in the last two years, I have been more motivated to start changing my lifestyle now, while I am still young, so I don't end up in poor health like my mom.
I look forward to getting to know people here! :smile:

Replies

• Hi everyone :smile:
    I'm trying this weight loss thing again - I've tried to lose weight before but have never really put 100% of my effort into it. After seeing my mom (mid-40's) be diagnosed with cancer, diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart problems in the last two years, I have been more motivated to start changing my lifestyle now, while I am still young, so I don't end up in poor health like my mom.
    I look forward to getting to know people here! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision, not always an easy task! I also live in SoCal, can't wait for beach weather!!!:laugh: