Tuna Lovers! HELP!

Options

Replies

• fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My cheesy tuna bowtie pasta is simple. A can of albacore tuna, 2.5 cups of cooked bowtie pasta (rinsed with cool water), 1 tsp butter, a pinch of thyme and parsley, 2 Tbsp 3 cheese ranch dressing. Toss pasta with butter until melted in saucepan. Toss in remaining ingredients. Put in fridge to chill. Eat as cold pasta salad or a warm casserole.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all this but we make a yummy recipe by Alton Brown. This recipe is even in MFPs database. Each serving is around 91 calories. It's delicious...
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/tuna-croquette-recipe/index.html
  • babbycakess
    Options
    i do some lemon in my canned tuna (water not oil) get some low calorie crackers your choice and cut up some lettuce and tomato and onion on one cracker and its like a little sandwich just with out bread
  • KikiFraser
    Options
    HAHA! The meat bowl
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Okay, i have this craving for tuna at least once a day. I love it, i make tuna pasta regularly and fill it with vegetables :) mmm. I even sit and eat tins of it at a time just from the tin with a fork.. Oh dear :3.

Anyway, anyone know some good recipes i can throw this tuna in to? <3

I make tuna omelet loaded with tuna, also I'm a sashimi lover so I buy fresh tuna & dip it in soy sauce with wasabi.
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just made tuna with laughing cow cheese wedges

1 can tuna
    2 wedges of laughing cow cheese (garlic & herb)
    2 pieces of toast

Spread tuna mixture on toast and enjoy!

This is my way, too...although I either eat mine out of a bowl or on Wasa Crispbread. I love tuna!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Love the tuna! Here are a couple of my favorites

1) Mix a can with a serving of cottage cheese and then put on toast.

2) Mix in a can with three eggs and scramble it. Top with cheese, green onions, and some sour cream.

3) Tun Burger - Mix a can of tuna, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup of bread crumbs and season if you like. Form into a patty and then cook in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side. Eat on a bun with normal burger toppings or just eat it on its own. I like them either way.
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    I usually mix together a can of tuna and a can of beets (sliced, shoestring, or if I'm feeling up to it, whole and I'll chop it up myself), add a drizzle or two of balsamic vinegar, and some fresh cracked black pepper. Sometimes I eat this with crackers but more often than not I'll just dig in with a fork. For additional flavor, sometimes I'll chop up a sweet pickle (I saw someone earlier mention sweet relish!) and add it to the mix. Yay canned tuna! I'm also a big fan of those relatively-new vacuum sealed pouches.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat tuna is to mix it with some diced tomatoes and green chili sauce (or salsa of choice). I just eat it with a fork.

It is also really yummy mixed with guacamole and chili powder or with hummus.
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Solid white albacore in water with sauerkraut and melted cheddar.
    My husband has to leave the room but it's delicious.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Edit: My wife likes to make tuna macaroni and cheese. It's not bad.

^ THAT!!! SO GOOD! You'd think it weird, but it's not!!!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there were so many different ways to prepare tuna!

My favorite tuna has a ton of stuff in it so, in the end, you stretch your tuna a bit and don't have to consume too much of any one thing.

One can of tuna (in water, obviously)
    Celery, finely chopped
    Red onion, finely chopped
    Dill pickle, finely chopped
    One egg, hard-boiled, diced
    1 tsp-1 tbsp mayo (depending on how wet you want it, but be sparing)
    Yellow mustard (to finish moistening your tuna, also adds good flavor)
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cayenne pepper
    Paprika
    Tiny, tiny dash of garlic powder

And for the UK folk out there, it is especially good with a few dashes of curry powder in there

To be healthy, I throw this on top of a mixed greens salad or eat then with Wheat Thins (or some other semi-healthy, wheaty, lower calorie cracker / crisp). It's also pretty good eaten on its own.
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I loooove a salad made w/ spinach, feta, craisins, walnuts and a pack of tuna. Toss with a few tsp raspberry vinaigrette.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I forgot this one: Tuna Pasta Salad

2 cans solid white tuna drained
    1 jar roasted red peppers drained of oil
    Juice of 1 lemon
    Capers
    1 box of bow tie pasta

Mix the above, adjust for your taste. It is SO GOOD. I do add a little bit of olive oil to give the pasta a bit more moisture.
  • _HollyMarion
    Options
    Bump.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    tuna, chopped onion and peppers (red, yellow, green or all), salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice...yum on toast/bread.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well...
    This is gonna sound really weird BUT

I mix solid white albacore tuna with
    1/2cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup shredder cheese (any kind)
    6 slices oven roasted turkey breast (oscar mayer)
    mustard
    OR I substitute the turkey for 2 vegan meatless dogs.

Plenty of protein, all in one bowl! lol
    You can eat it with crackers, on bread. It's SO good!!

Oh Lord that sounds gooooood.

most def, who woulda thunk, cottage cheese, cant wait to try!! lol
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was running out of time for lunch this morning and needed some protein in there quick, so I just chucked a can of tuna in my container of salad. Just finished it with some zero calorie chipotle ranch dressing. OH MY. <3
  • RuthEvanville
    Options
    Tuna mixed with fat free mayo, pickles and instead of using bread use romaine lettuce leaves.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Tuna mixed with fat free mayo, pickles and instead of using bread use romaine lettuce leaves.

This. I like this idea ;)