Why Does It Get More Difficult?

Options
I find that the more I exercise on my stationary bike, the more difficult it becomes. The first few times I can do the 30 minutes barely breaking out in a sweat, and then by the second week I am struggling after 15-20 minutes.
Shouldn't my endurance increase the longer I do it? Should I be doing something differently? I have been careful to eat a bit beforehand, something light like fruit, thinking that I needed more energy but it isn't helping. I am doing it every day, and I have also tried taking a break of a day in between but that doesn't help either or helps for the first day back after the break only.
Any advice you can offer?

Replies

• Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I find that the more I exercise on my stationary bike, the more difficult it becomes. The first few times I can do the 30 minutes barely breaking out in a sweat, and then by the second week I am struggling after 15-20 minutes.
    Shouldn't my endurance increase the longer I do it? Should I be doing something differently? I have been careful to eat a bit beforehand, something light like fruit, thinking that I needed more energy but it isn't helping. I am doing it every day, and I have also tried taking a break of a day in between but that doesn't help either or helps for the first day back after the break only.
    Any advice you can offer?
  • DivaLisa
    DivaLisa Posts: 29
    Options
    have you upped the intensity ? or the mph . i dont know which kind you have ..

maybe try mixing up your routines and be sure to get in some strength training
    light weights, longer reps builds endurance ..