One more pound!

Options
hiddensecant
hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
I have altered my eating habits for 2 weeks now. The first week I lost 3 pounds and this second week I lost 1 (despite Aunt Flo). I even splurged a little when we ate out yesterday but I stopped when I was full. So that one pound is awesome!

For this week, I'll be eating some of my exercise calories because I started getting hungrier as my exercise got taken up a notch. I'm also switching to a 40/30/30 ratio (was 50/30/20). Hopefully my HRM comes in the mail soon so I can know for sure how many calories I'm earning instead of the estimates the journal gives me. But I'm certain it's at least the 200 that I'm increasing my daily intake by in my 80 minutes of exercise, hehe.

That's another success for me: exercise. Last month I couldn't exercise for more than 20 minutes and had to bend my knees touch my toes. Now I have a 40-minute workout first thing in the morning and another 40-minute workout before lunch. I can also reach beyond my toes ... my palms can go flat on the floor (no I don't bend my knees!).

Anyway, I don't have a measuring tape. But my pants are no longer snug around the thighs. I actually feel the jeans freely sliding along my skin when I walk. They're not baggy yet but I'm getting there!

Replies

• hiddensecant
    Options
    I have altered my eating habits for 2 weeks now. The first week I lost 3 pounds and this second week I lost 1 (despite Aunt Flo). I even splurged a little when we ate out yesterday but I stopped when I was full. So that one pound is awesome!

For this week, I'll be eating some of my exercise calories because I started getting hungrier as my exercise got taken up a notch. I'm also switching to a 40/30/30 ratio (was 50/30/20). Hopefully my HRM comes in the mail soon so I can know for sure how many calories I'm earning instead of the estimates the journal gives me. But I'm certain it's at least the 200 that I'm increasing my daily intake by in my 80 minutes of exercise, hehe.

That's another success for me: exercise. Last month I couldn't exercise for more than 20 minutes and had to bend my knees touch my toes. Now I have a 40-minute workout first thing in the morning and another 40-minute workout before lunch. I can also reach beyond my toes ... my palms can go flat on the floor (no I don't bend my knees!).

Anyway, I don't have a measuring tape. But my pants are no longer snug around the thighs. I actually feel the jeans freely sliding along my skin when I walk. They're not baggy yet but I'm getting there!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    congratulation!!! Keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal in no time!!!:flowerforyou:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news! Kep it up! Yippee!

177215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It will pay off- keep it up!
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    Congrats, you must feel good:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Thank you! I was so prepared for it to have gone up and as I stepped on the scale ... I kept telling myself: it's just muscle, nothing to worry about, no big deal if it went up, just makes losing fat easier ... oh, so nice that it went down, and I do have some new muscles!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so great. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!