Body Pump / Les Mills Pump

Hi - I'm doing the Les Mills PUMP home workouts (and I've lost 13 lbs in the first 4 weeks). I was curious if anyone on here has done the gym classes BodyPump etc, wondering how different the gym version is to the home version (which did come with the barbell and weight plates)

Replies

• vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    I do the gym version. I've heard the Pump at home one is 20 min long? Is that right? The class is an hour. We do warm-up, squats, chest, back, triceps, biceps, lunges, shoulders, abs, cooldown (in that order..think i have it right) Each track is to a song and the song is like 4-5 min long. The motions I believe are the same with bottom halves, etc.

In the class we use a step, barbell and plates and adjust the plates as needed to what you can do. A mat for ab work. Ab work can include crunches, hovers, regular and side planks.

Does this help answer your question?
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Hi - I'm doing the Les Mills PUMP home workouts (and I've lost 13 lbs in the first 4 weeks). I was curious if anyone on here has done the gym classes BodyPump etc, wondering how different the gym version is to the home version (which did come with the barbell and weight plates)

are you still doing the LM pump home version? what are your results on weight lost and toning? i bought it 2 wks ago but i have not started it yet. Im finishing up the jillian micheals body revolution and then i will sart LM pump
  • The home version has several workouts - you start with the 20 min and work your way up to the 1 hour videos which I've learned are just like the in gym class.
    I lost 28 lbs my first round and about halfway through the second round I'm down 15 lbs.
    highly recommend! it's super fun and a great choice for those who can't get to the gym
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    I do body pump (and body attack, body jam and body balance) at the gym where they film for the videos :) We have so much fun! For me I think the biggest thing about doing it in the gym is I push myself a lot harder, I find I am more motivated when the instructors are there cheering you on and your friends are with you :)
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    I do pump 3 days a week (recently added extra weight - MAN), and I do it at the gym. Not sure how the home version is. Actually didn't know there was a home version. Do you do it everyday?
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    I do pump 3 days a week (recently added extra weight - MAN), and I do it at the gym. Not sure how the home version is. Actually didn't know there was a home version. Do you do it everyday?

I also do Body Attack, Body Combat and Body Jam at the gym...............
  • quashaj
    quashaj Posts: 2
    I have been ding the home version for over four months, and I LOVE IT! Down 17 pounds and its still fun! I do some form of it every day and love hitting the "PLAY BUTTON."