Hello

I've been struggling with my weight all my life, when I wasn't too depressed and worn out to not care about it. I've been on here for a while (I can't actually remember how I ended up here though), but this is the first time I decided to check out the forums. I figure having other people following my progress would help with the encouragement factor.

i also am a member of Fitocracy, which is like a weight loss "game", that you exercise and get points when you log them, and because I like playing games and have a bit of a competitive streak, I have fun at least seeing what I manage to do.

I live in Australia with my husband, who is also encouraging my weight loss. I garden to provide us with plenty of fresh vegetables, I pick fruit fresh from pick your own farms as I can manage it, I make almost all of our meals from scratch, and I take bits of advice from various diets, but I am most closely attracted to the paleo diet and life style. I'll have everyone know from the beginning that I don't swallow the low fat, no fat, calorie restriction bs, so if you have issues with that, you can go ahead and skip my thread.

I'm blunt, I'm honest, and I'm tired of being a lard ball. I'm trying to lose weight and get my body in shape, because I know it'll be harder when I decide I want to have children. Easier to have it all done before I conceive, so I'm also focusing on encouraging fertility and balanced hormones and cycles.

Wish me luck, I guess.

Cheers!

Replies

• Hi, good luck with your journey! Best wishes on getting to a healthy place. I too struggled with my weight and fertility issues. Even though I live in NY, feel free to add me as a friend to help encourage and cheer for you.