Exercise help

Options
I have managed to lose weight with very little exercise...twice. Yes, I lost it, gained it back and have lost almost all of it again. I am within 5-7 pounds of my goal, but I am now trying to incorporate exercise into my life. I know I need it to be healthier. I am a single mom with 3 young kids and I work full time. Going to the gym is not an option for me right now.

I'm looking for opinions on at home workouts that would give me results. I did P90X last year for a few months, but was only able to get in about 4 of the 6 days I was supposed to be doing. It wasn't my program and I don't really want to spend the money to buy it. Right now, I'm just doing Zumba on the Wii and Wii Fit stuff. And what about weights? I keep hearing that you need to lift weights in addition to cardio.

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• hessoftexas
    hessoftexas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see what others say to this topic. :-)

The Wii programs are great! I have several as well. As far as strength training on a budget, there are many exercises that only require your own body weight. The yoga poses on Wii Fit are a perfect example of that. I don't have any equipment myself, but I seem to find ways to work on my strength regardless.
  • rmc_mccready
    Options
    Yeah, I am new to regular exercise. I have always been relatively active. But in my busy life, I just want to hear what other busy people do to maximize their workouts. I've been browsing through the board and some of these people are intense! Maybe they will rub off on me. :)