Going from fat and frumpy to fit and fabulous

Options
I was the active high school girl who did sports, was in all the clubs, and was named class clown my senior year. Was I an overweight teenager?? No way!! Did I think I was?? Absolutely!! Never did I like the reflection in the mirror. Why couldn"t I be the size 2 blonde that all the boys drolled over?? I was the average built brunette that was everyones friend!!

This mentality followed me through my adulthood and then the babies came with real weight gain...like an extreme amount!! Put it this way..I was over 100 lbs heavier 18 months ago than I was when I graduated high school..puke!! But I just accepted it..would try diet and exercise as time permitted, but nothing had ever stuck!!

Then a friend of mine told me about this wonderful website. I asked him "what the heck can I do to lose weight the right way and keep it off for once?" So here I am today!! I had managed to lose between 15-20 lbs on my own, but needed some extra help to keep going!! Since joing this sight just over 2 weeks ago I have lost another 7 lbs..and feel great!! The gym is my new bff, and I feel for the first time in my adult Iife Iwill be high school skinny again, and feel good about what I'm seeing in the mirror!!

I am a 35 year old divorced mother of 3 who is taking her life back and can't wait to see the final results...as my tpic states..I am going from fat and frumpy to fit and fabulous from this wonderful website...THANK YOU!!

Replies

• DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a book recently called the 4 agreements and the 1st agreement is Your Word is Impeccable. Not going to go into full detail, but basically, whatever people tell you is only true, if you make an agreement with it. Thus why it's very important to choose our words wisely when talking to or about others.

Good job and keep listening to yourself :)
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good on ya girl, you & me both except i never got married & have 1 child. here's to our journey & new life & bodies