Miss Olympia 1980 vs. 2012

Options
12346»

Replies

• fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i've always thought Rachel McLish was more than hot!! From the first time I ever saw her. How many calories do you think they eat in a day??
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Who's the fella on the bottom?

I believe that may be Dennis Rodman.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Pictures like this make me scared to lift!!!!!!!!!
    :huh: I promise you that 90% of people don't have the dedication to get that look (steroids or not). It takes commitment level I certainly don't have.

Im too lazy to even get to 1/4 of that!!
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with steroids. I don't use them but I have no issue with them. I do have an issue with legal, sanctioned competitions and events that basically require their use like pro bodybuilding, pro "wrestling", etc. It's disgusting that the government will arrest you and throw you in jail for selling or using steroids (if you're caught) but turns a blind eye to the obvious use and abuse in these events. Hell Ronnie Coleman is a freaking cop!! How does that work?? Wonder if he feels guilty making drug busts? Make up your mind government.

I get ya. Or how a women can go to a doctor and say "i want bigger breasts" and the doctor delivers. Yet if someone else goes to their doctor and says "I would like to perform better at the gym, a sport, or a hobbie they are labeled drug addicts, body dismorphia, or unhealthy.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with steroids. I don't use them but I have no issue with them. I do have an issue with legal, sanctioned competitions and events that basically require their use like pro bodybuilding, pro "wrestling", etc. It's disgusting that the government will arrest you and throw you in jail for selling or using steroids (if you're caught) but turns a blind eye to the obvious use and abuse in these events. Hell Ronnie Coleman is a freaking cop!! How does that work?? Wonder if he feels guilty making drug busts? Make up your mind government.

I agree. The only problem I have with steroid users in these sports is there inability to be honest. Compare any athlete from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and now, and you will see the difference, and I think much of it is steroids. Not enough in sports science and nutrition has changed to account for how in just the last few decades, benching 500 lbs went from being one of the strongest men on the planet to maybe the top few percent at your local gym. Barry Bonds, McGuire, Coleman, HHH, I don't care what you do, but don't insult my intelligence. Your frikkin heads grew in your mid 30s. Has anyone here on MFP ever had their head grow when working out? Not exactly a natural phenomenon.
  • addisondisease
    Options
    I personally think doctors need to be better educated on the subject matter, and not so scared to prescribe them. Most of the doctors out there couldn't even tell you the difference between anavar and deca

Or the congressman from bigger stronger faster, he had no idea where the money for drug research was going, where it was at, he wasn't even sure on the legal drinking age.
  • addisondisease
    Options
    heck even the general population is clueless. I had someone ask me for a free sample of steroids. I was thinking does he want 40cc's for free, or is he thinking he is going to get huge off a 1 time injection.

**not saying i sell steroids or anything, because i don't. MFP usually gets all pissy when we start talking**
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    rachel_mclish_029.jpg

PB10756wtmk-218x300.jpg

that is just HIDEIOUS!!! OMG, what happened!??!!
  • charrn66
    Options
    The 80's were dang good!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I get ya. Or how a women can go to a doctor and say "i want bigger breasts" and the doctor delivers. Yet if someone else goes to their doctor and says "I would like to perform better at the gym, a sport, or a hobbie they are labeled drug addicts, body dismorphia, or unhealthy.

Very good point.

Or a woman who wants to have sex and not get pregnant, also takes a steroid. Considered normal by society.

Or men and women who both drink and smoke and literally thousands die each year, bought over the counter. Thousands of people injured when drinking and millions if not 100's of millions in damaged property each year from drinkers.

Even when they (steroids) were banned, none of the governments agencies wanted it banned.
  • addisondisease
    Options
    Or a woman who wants to have sex and not get pregnant, also takes a steroid. Considered normal by society.

Haha you should have seen my wifes face when i told her she does steroids, i should have filmed it.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make fun of the 2012 winner. It took a lot of time, hard work, dedication and the permanent sacrifice of her menstrual cycle to make her what she is: A champion.

I don't know much about steroids but I think natural women have to work harder than those who take steroids (which is of course why they are banned in sports and power lifting), so no, I don't admire her hard work.

This ^

Another thought too, if it is not steroids, the risk of ending up looking like #2 would put me off doing weights - FOREVER!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make fun of the 2012 winner. It took a lot of time, hard work, dedication and the permanent sacrifice of her menstrual cycle to make her what she is: A champion.

I don't know much about steroids but I think natural women have to work harder than those who take steroids (which is of course why they are banned in sports and power lifting), so no, I don't admire her hard work.

and if she's making the best of a thyroid condition that naturally gives her more testosterone?

I thought females could not get that size without steriods. That's what the constant weight training and heavy lifting advice is on MFP from other members anyway.......
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing a presentation on why women SHOULD lift weights. These two pictures illustrate the difference between what MIGHT happen with a lot if hard work and dedication and what will NEVER happen unless you take roids.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Even Larry Scott (the early male bodybuilder pictured here) was on steroids, albeit tiny amounts compared to what they are on today (and it was just roids - no insulin, human growth hormone diuretics and all the other stuff they take).

To see male bodybuilders who were steroid free you really need to go back to the days of Steve Reeves and Vince Gironda.

(Sorry - can't work out how to post pics).
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yikes
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Rachel McLish and Cory Everson were and still am my idols, bodybuilding wise. I started weight training in the 80's because of them. It was kind of freakish going to a gym and lifting weights as a female back then!
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Rachel McLish and Cory Everson were and still am my idols, bodybuilding wise. I started weight training in the 80's because of them. It was kind of freakish going to a gym and lifting weights as a female back then!

I sooooo agree! I still have Rachel & Cory's books in my library. They have survived every move I have made since the 80's and I am so glad I never threw these books away. I am new to MFP. I lost faith that I could get that old body back but I am glad to know I am wrong - so I am working on it. After so much discussion about "New Rules of lifting for Women" I decided to go back and crack open the books from the women who actually rebuilt their own bodies - pre-steroids.
  • jorden25
    jorden25 Posts: 19
    Options
    Really?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I think the 2nd chick has bigger junk than I do.