Exercise DVD Recommendations?

Options
Hey Everyone!
Can anyone recommend any good workout DVDs? I normally walk everyday, but on days it is too cold and/or raining outside I stay in a do a DVD. I prefer a workout that is 30 to 45 minutes long and is challenging, but not so challenging that makes me want to collapse at the end. I am getting bored with the ones I have and the couple I recently got at the library are lame. Would love any suggestions. Thanks!
Also, I could use some more Friends. :)

Replies

• ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred yesterday...workout is 20 minutes long but you end up very sweaty and its AWESOME
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Ripped in 30, but Killer Bums and thighs also Jillian Michaels is my fav, is about 30 mins. Her Blast Fat, boost Metablism is alos really good, hard workout about 45 mins.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sooooo many to choose from

collagevideo.com is a great resource to "shop" for exercise videos. They provide video clips, professional reviews & plenty of customer reviews. The info includes: impact level, equipment required, fitness level, etc.

Some of my faves:

Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles by Leslie Sansone - this has "walking", jogging, strength training- comes with a resistance band. The DVD is chaptered. You can do as much as you have time for and skip to the cool down

Prevention 2 Week Turnaround - by Chris Freytag. This is 2 different DVDs, one is cardio, the other is strength training. Very basic stuff but Chris makes it fun. Someone shows modications, again it's chaptered so you do what you can fit in

Do you have a Wii? I am getting Exerbeat (shipping as we speak) - this has boxing, karate, dancing (not my thing) and yoga ... can't wait!
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Excited to check them all out!
    No, I don't have a Wii. Wish I did. I love to dance (lost 40 lbs doing Richard Simmons workouts a few years ago).
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Im in week 2 of the KettleWorx (kettlebell) six week body transformation, trainer Ryan Shanahan..it comes with a 5.lb kettlebell, a intro dvd, 3-20 mins dvds and 2- 10 mins dvds...it also has a diet plan, but Im not doing that, dont like strict diets. I love the workouts, and u really will feel the burn .... u can get it cheaper at target around $50, then ordering on line....gotta go and do a kettlebell w/o right now.
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes........... Sweating to the Oldies! Just got this DVD and am ready to try it!
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    I really enjoy Richard Simmons workouts....so much fun. :) My favorites were Dance Your Pants off and Broadway Sweat, but he hasn't released them in DVD format. :( Are you doing the new Sweating to the Oldies? Let me know how it is. :) I'm going to check it out of the library.
  • tigerlilydina
    tigerlilydina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    taebo is a really great one (forgot the mans name now) its jumps boxing in it
    dirty dancing one is great aswell (learning the dances)
    beverly goddard is another good one she even does chin exercises aswell as the rest of the body
    i need to get hold of these dvds soon x
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    taebo is a really great one (forgot the mans name now) its jumps boxing in it

I always suggest Tae Bo myself. I am a big fan of Tae Bo. Billy Blanks is a good instructor.
  • jymberry
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred and so far I like it. You can check them out on YouTube if you don't want to buy them. I also liked the Crunch videos that are on Netflix streaming. Got very sweaty and lost an inch or so before I lapsed into my lazy winter months. But I'm back on it!
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    Thanks! I have Netflix, but never thought of looking for workouts there. I will definitely check it out. :)
  • leslie4302
    leslie4302 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like Tae Bo and Turbo Fire (or Turbo Jam).