Help!! I work with the snack lady!!

Options
I work with the snack lady and she keeps her snack on the file cabinet behind me. Oh NOOOo! I have tried to bring healthier snacks but I find myself walking over there and grabbing crap. I would like to cover it with an electric fence but that's not ideal. Any tips:ohwell:

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same situation with my bf...and he keeps putting it in front of my face and offering (because he's trying to be nice, not teasingly). Anyway, I was trying to determine what to do and every time I took something bad I'd either

a) gorge on it, and feel gross
    b) eat a little bit, and log it in my dairy

Then when it's on my dairy I don't feel to proud. Try getting some people on your list that eat ultra healthy...You'll automatically start trying to compete against them when they don't even know it :P

Now I try to remember if I eat it, it won't make me feel any better and I will probably will regret it. I try to keep healthy things around to snack on...except chocolate...mm chocolate.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think I would ask her to put them some where else. I would make a joke out of it, like dang lady your snacks are beyond calling my name do you think you can put them in your desk to shut those little suckers up? Until you get them out of grabbing distance they will taunt you!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    will power gets easier in time .. you are most likely snacking out of habit .. keep a big glass of ice water or coffee or tea or something else you like to drink at your desk and drink it till the cows come home
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    I like to think of calories as money and food as a purchase (and that i am on a budget LOL ). I'll hold something in my hand and ask is it really worth spending this much of my day's budget on this treat? Some days it is, but most days I'll put it back and go for something with more bang for the buck. (Like a whole mess of fruit or veggie and hummus instead of a candy bar or latte) When budget friendly choice your brain will fell less like you're being deprived and more like you're being smart and frugal ^___^

And sometimes it totally ok to splurge!

Also you could suggest the lesser evil of crap food "hey how about Hershey's kisses, or special dark squares. How about those yummy cocoa dusted almonds.?." You wont make your coworker feel bad and you both get slightly better snacks :P
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I had gastric bypass about 6 months ago. I don't eat candy, donuts, crap, etc...I also work with a wonderful friend who keeps the candy bowl filled with mini candy bars and there is always a box of Krispy Kremes on the counter. Oh, and did I mention she also had gastric bypass about 2 1/2 yrs ago. She thinks food = love. We have all asked her to stop bringing in the stuff, but it's like talking to a smiling, hugging, loving wall. She is such a darling and we do love her. For me, it's easy to stay away from those things. I don't want to go through "dumping syndrome". That's a miserable experience.