GUILT-FREE SUPERBOWL FOODS

Options
lq022
lq022 Posts: 232 Member
Hi Ya'll ! So this year, my beloved NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS are in the SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOOO That means superbowl parties.......and beer, wings & pizza! Great --- just what February needs ... another day revolving around food!

I want to bring a healthy but tasty dish to a friends house for the game .... if I cant come up with a dish that everyone will like (including beer-guzzling men!) than I will have to resort to bringing a veggie platter -- not that there is anything wrong with that ... but it doesnt get eaten. And then I'm lugging broccoli & celery back home!

ANY IDEAS ON TASTY "GUILT" FOOD THATS GUILT-FREE?

Replies

• bonniejc4
    bonniejc4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pickles wrapped in ham slices with a thin layer of light cream cheese in-between. Delicious!
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    www.yourhealthista.com

She had a post today about healthy superbowl foods.

Also, my all time favorite appetizer:

http://goodhappyfit.tumblr.com/post/11626356391/buffalo-chicken-dip

Happy Superbowl weekend!!
  • ashleymashley02
    Options
    look on Skinnytaste.com.... I have found a lot of good foods to make for this weekends party! YUMMY!!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe on skinnytaste.com for skinny artichoke dip. 1/4 cup for only 74 calories. You could serve with veggies wheat or rice crackers. They have a lot of recipes on there that would be good. Check it out!
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    These: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/431188-buffalo-chicken-rolls-103-calories

I made them yesterday and they were amazing. (I used a little mozza instead of blue cheese and mixed up some ranch flavouring with Greek yogurt for a dip)
  • PiersonsWifey
    PiersonsWifey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm soooooooo happy the Pats are in the Super Bowl! I am a HUGE fan! I'd like to know this too. With all the beer I will be drinking, the last thing I need is to be eating bad food too. I go ALL OUT cooking on super bowl, but it would be nice to make something healthy along with all that other stuff.
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytate.com is amazing she has many good ideas! I just printed off 3 recipes that I am taking to a party Skinny bakes mozzarella sticks, bacon wrapped chicken bites, and spinach bacon stuffed mushrooms.

two of my favorites to take to places jalepeno poppers or the skinny taco dip

I use her site weekly for things i have never ever been disappointed.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's the Super Bowl. Super Bowl Sunday is like Thanksgiving, calories don't count. :laugh:

Seriously, the way I see it, one day will not screw up every other day. So, on Super Bowl Sunday, if I go over calories eating some ridiculously delicious Super Bowl food, I go over one day.

GO PATS!
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Shrimp cocktail ring!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I'm making turkey burger sliders and then having all the goodies for them for those that want them... also making bacon wrapped chicken bites and having different dipping sauces... a veggie tray... and then whatever my friends bring over. Definitely trying to keep the food options fun for the guys, but healthier for me and my health conscious friends that are coming over.
  • colins_momma
    Options
    Not exactly a "guilt" food, but variations on the veggie tray can be very successful...Everyone expects carrots and celery and broccoli, but a tray with cucmbers, bell peppers, edamame, and even zuccini can be really tasty and spark some interest. You could even mix it up by using hummus as a veggie dip and serving pita chips on the tray too.

My mom always serves a tray of nuts, beyond the traditional peanuts, she includes almonds, shelled sunflower seeds, and walnuts, but really there are so many options to add variety. This is always a favorite of the beer-guzzling men at the party!

Other interesting ideas I've seen at parties are buffalo chicken chili (you can google recipes), and buffalo chicken lettuce-wraps.
  • carissaharkins
    carissaharkins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's the Super Bowl. Super Bowl Sunday is like Thanksgiving, calories don't count. :laugh:

Seriously, the way I see it, one day will not screw up every other day. So, on Super Bowl Sunday, if I go over calories eating some ridiculously delicious Super Bowl food, I go over one day.

GO PATS!

yup
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm soooooooo happy the Pats are in the Super Bowl! I am a HUGE fan! I'd like to know this too. With all the beer I will be drinking, the last thing I need is to be eating bad food too. I go ALL OUT cooking on super bowl, but it would be nice to make something healthy along with all that other stuff.

We've been going NUTS during all the playoff games! I feel like once they win, it'll be a relief because its like every weekend we feel like we're having a heart attack! .... With the food, I feel like a loser bringing a veggie platter when noone eats it lol .... at least if I make something regular with lowfat ingredients, you can kind of fake it out lol

But Sunday I'll be there with my Brady jersey ready to do the Gronk with a roll or something lol