Costco samples are my enemy

Options
For anyone who doesn't know what Costco is , it is a warehouse shopping center and there are normally a lot of samples. It is difficult sometimes to leave without feeling like you ate a meal. I went grocery shopping today and because it is a few days before Superbowl there were a TON of samples. The good ones!! Party food, and it all smelled good. I was so proud of myself for not having any. But it was hard. lol

Replies

• Dmiller2608
    Dmiller2608 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I was a broke college kid my frineds and I would got to costco when we were hungry, lol nothing wrong with getting full off of samples. Now I just make sure I've already eaten before I go so i wont be tempted to eat more.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    lol I know. Normally I like them and my kids think they are awesome but it's hard when you are counting your calories. I'm not sure how many calories are in a bite and half of a fajita or chicken strip or the other things that call out to me. :)-
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Go right when they open. They haven't started samples yet then. They don't start them until around 11:30 or so. I have a higher tiered membership, so I go at 10am right when they open-they are not even setting up yet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    For anyone who doesn't know what Costco is , it is a warehouse shopping center and there are normally a lot of samples. It is difficult sometimes to leave without feeling like you ate a meal. I went grocery shopping today and because it is a few days before Superbowl there were a TON of samples. The good ones!! Party food, and it all smelled good. I was so proud of myself for not having any. But it was hard. lol
    Shop during the weekdays when there are hardly any samples. Most samples are done on the weekend.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ya, I have the membership where you can get in early too and usually go around 10 but today I had to get a bunch of other things done so I was running late. I agree there usually aren't as many on the weekdays as weekends, I think this week they are going nuts though trying to sell things that people would serve at Superbowl parties. There were 1-2 samples on almost every food aisle.
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I thought going on a weekday was going to be nice, boy did I think wrong! There were samples everywhere! And this was a couple weeks ago. Maybe because it was in the afternoon? Kids were all over the place with their moms grabbing them up.

I'm not as tempted to try the samples, never was a really big sample person.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Can't pass the sample tabes with out sampling. Hate myself afterwards!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i love the samples especially when its chocolate treats! i never buy them!!! just want one!