My imperfect weight loss journey

Options
Today I stepped back and took a good look at how far I've come. I don't necessarily have a "weigh-in day", I just look at the scale from time to time when it's been a while since I last checked. Usually, it's a .5 lb loss here, or a 1.5 lb loss there, or no change at all. Which is great and I give myself a little pat on the back and move on with my day. Today, I stepped on the scale, and the whole thing hit me like a ton of bricks...I've lost 54 pounds!!! More than 50 lbs of what used to be me is gone! When did that happen? Why have I not noticed it before?? Sometimes, when you are so focused on your goal, you forget to notice how far you've really come in the process. I'm not done yet, but I thought I should give myself this little NSV anyway because I've never made it this far before.

I've gotten some questions from some of my dear MFP friends and I thought I would share my answers here...

I weighed around 220 lbs at my heaviest and am now at 165.4 lbs, and am 5'8". The last time I saw that number on the scale...I believe I was 17 years old, and 2 sizes bigger.

My first attempt was not a healthy one. I wanted to lose the weight but I wasn't willing to put in the work so I took some stupid short cuts and lost about 45 lbs quickly. Within a couple months, I had gained 30 of it back. I quit with the short cuts and just kind of half-a**ed it and stayed at about 200 - 210 lbs for another year.

This time last year, I had enough of the fluctuating and feeling sorry for myself and buckled down and worked my butt off to where I am now. If you're one my friends, you've seen my work outs and my diaries, and that's what I've been doing for the past year. There's no secret to it. Eat as clean as possible, and work. Do not make excuses.

I hope this doesn't lower your opinion of me by knowing my journey did not start out perfect. This is me, and this is real. I learned from my mistakes and am so proud of myself now. Trust me when I say, if I can do it...YOU can do it!

Starting at 220 lbs:

[img6803887367_7f86087fb0.jpg
13363_632138307905_30415241_36473592_1296047_n by Mallory0418, on Flickr[/img]

[img][/img]6803887441_46f9f7c7bf.jpg
n108301726_30764134_320189 by Mallory0418, on Flickr

165.4 lbs: (Sorry, I don't have many recent photos)

[img6803887493_a58a2c46ba.jpg
390171_566435537564_108301726_31575404_919446860_n by Mallory0418, on Flickr[/img]

[img][/img]6803887561_97ba48a509.jpg
429233_574492506334_108301726_31613035_860974572_n by Mallory0418, on Flickr

Hope this pics work.

Replies

• melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness.. I SO wanna see your pics but they didn't show up yet :S
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great to know you have worked so hard and have succeeded so well? You have lost the equivalent of a 3rd grader! Putting it into perspective, imagine carrying around 3rd grader all day, everyday and trying to sleep with that child laying on your chest.

Great job! Keep up the good work and take pride in what you have done.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    There we go. LOL
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    cant see your after pic:sad:
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    WOW GIRL you have done an amazing job well done :flowerforyou:
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you look amazing!!!
  • SassyMrsSpencer
    Options
    lol sounds like me love!!! but well done!!!
    we need to trip up now and then to realise what we had and to work hard to get want we want!!! (my option)
    I've been like that for the past 8 years.... and NOW I've finally getting my A into G!!!!
    Well done and keep up the fantastic work!!
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Perfect stories don't inspire me at all. :) Plus, I think when we try different things and have to figure out our path, sometimes we understand what works and what doesn't better than we would otherwise.

AT least that's what I'm telling myself!!! lol!

Great job! Thank you for sharing!
  • TCWE
    TCWE Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The transformation is so apparent!! you look incredible:) WTG!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You are simply radiant! Congratulations.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!
  • cutiekay99
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look great. Well done!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look like a different person. Congratulations:)
  • bigtone34
    Options
    WOW, Great Job!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • chaval33
    chaval33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and are doing a great job...I don't think anyone will think less of you because you had a rough start, I think we all have that. Congratulations and good luck on the rest. I will be looking to make you a friend just so I can see your workouts...Thanks for the encouragement! :happy:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before, and you are now amazingly beautiful! :flowerforyou:
    And you look so much younger!

Great job lady! :drinker:

Thanks for sharing. This is great inspiration for all of us!
  • Kal43
    Kal43 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!! It just shows that hard work really does payoff ... Keep up the good work
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What a pretty girl!! Congrats.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!