I guess I have to ask....

Options
So... I've been on MFP for about a month now and I've only lost 2 pounds. I'm quite frustrated. I work out 30-60+ minutes 3-4+ times a week and I RARELY go over my calorie intake goal of 1700.
I know that if you go and look at my diary, there will be several of you that tell me to lower the sodium intake and I completely agree... end of the month is hard when your waiting on a paycheck to get groceries BUT shouldn't I be losing SOMETHING if I'm staying under my calorie goal? I know that calories in vs calories out should account for something!!!!

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your portions correctly? Are you using a HRM to get your exercise calories? If no to either of those, that'd be my starting place. If you're underestimating calories in and/or overestimating calories out then you might have a problem there. Also have you been taking measurements? When you start working out you sometimes see no loss on the scale but can instead lose inches. Focus on sticking to your goal, and if none of those things are the answer consider lowering your goal slightly, by 100 calories or so at a time. Give it time to work. Some people go for a month or so in the beginning with no loss at all, so don't be discouraged. This is a lifelong thing, so work toward staying at your goal and correctly measuring everything, and if you still don't see results then look up "breaking a plateau" and you'll find additional tips. Good luck!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your portions correctly? Are you using a HRM to get your exercise calories? If no to either of those, that'd be my starting place. If you're underestimating calories in and/or overestimating calories out then you might have a problem there. Also have you been taking measurements? When you start working out you sometimes see no loss on the scale but can instead lose inches. Focus on sticking to your goal, and if none of those things are the answer consider lowering your goal slightly, by 100 calories or so at a time. Give it time to work. Some people go for a month or so in the beginning with no loss at all, so don't be discouraged. This is a lifelong thing, so work toward staying at your goal and correctly measuring everything, and if you still don't see results then look up "breaking a plateau" and you'll find additional tips. Good luck!

^^^^ this, or another thing to check is your activity level....is it set too high?
  • LaVitaBella0521
    LaVitaBella0521 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i feel your frustration! i have noticed that i "feel" thinner but the scale only shows a total 3 lb loss. its very frustrating but i keep thinking that all the working out and sticking to calorie goals has to pay off eventually!