ORGANIC EATING (I'm ready to switch!)

13»

Replies

• hoopzfanatic
    hoopzfanatic Posts: 5 Member
    Going organic is expensive but may be well worth it with how much healthier you may become.

Food Inc., Fast Food Nation, Fat Sick and nearly Dead are all excellent views on how big business looks at the consumers and the "food" they give us to ingest.

As mentioned before Costco and Farmers Markets are two excellent places to get some organic foods at a decent price point.

Good luck!!!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    I finally read everything! WoW! A lot of awesome infos from everyone! Thank you for this thread! :flowerforyou:
    I watched Food inc. yesterday with my husband and I couldn't stop crying.
    I'm very touched by how they treat the animals. I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian, but I want to switch to grass-fed cows products and cage-free chicken.
    Switching to organic is definitely a long and expensive process, but I see it as investing in my health and my family's health.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Just recently I watched this documentary called FOOD INC. Ever since then I have been looking up ways to change my diet and eat organic/fresh food. I am done spending my hard earned money on big companies that care more about making themselves money than our own health! I would rather give my money to farmers who grow things naturally! The ones who care about everyone’s health. I am tired of being blind/fooled and stepped on by big corporations that run their business like crap! I have also been reading Fast Food Nation. I wish everyone knew the true behind what we are putting in our bodies. 5 days ago I could care less because I was uneducated about our food system. Now I want to stop supporting the "Bad guys" and start supporting the "good guys"! I want to start making small changes for my health and my families but I feel so overwhelmed doing this on my own! I have no idea where to start or what labels to believe! I know that this will be an expensive change but I care more about my health than my money. Please help in any way that you can. I really need it!

:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

I read that book. It is great! I still need to watch that documentary. There is a forks over knives documentary that you might like too. I need to watch that also but heard it was good.
  • Juneliliy
    Juneliliy Posts: 21 Member
    very helpful information!
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Bump

I juice a lot and when I do I use only organic fruit and vegtables. But I would love to make a complete switch
  • I live in Albuquerque, NM and just joined a farmer's distribution - I found them through Local Harvest like that other poster mentioned. There are not only your area farmer's markets but the local farmer/merchant co-ops and any delivery services too. You might be able to get your boxes delivered to your place once a week!

My resolution this year was to go organic and non-GMO with my foods. It's led me to cook more and I'm experimenting more with flavors and foods I've never eaten before. Amazing stuff!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! ...And it's pretty great to know that I'm supporting local farmers who care about what they serve to their customers as well as the environment.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    bump!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    i was also going to suggest a CSA. i'm going to join one this summer and i am so excited!
    You'll love it!:flowerforyou: