high protein foods?

Options
mirgss
mirgss Posts: 275 Member
I have recently upped my calorie and protein intake which really seems to be working for me. However, i have started lifting heavy and want to be sure i am getting enough protein. Not once have I been able to meet my protein goal of 113g without going way over my carbs and fat goals. I guess i need to add in more lean meat but does anyone have any ideas on foods that have a lot of protein but not high in fat or carbs?

Replies

• taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese,
    there is also something called isopure zero (dont as me about it i havent tried it), its a protein shake, zero carbs zero fat, pure protein.. maybe check it out?
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    egg whites, turkey breast, and chicken breast, tuna, most fish
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Sure, chicken or turkey breast. Tuna.

if you're looking for something convenient, whey protein powder would probably also work.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    http://www.dymatize.com/products/protein/73/iso-100/

No carbs, no lactose no fat or cholesterol. Only pure whey protein.
  • twosmucks
    twosmucks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lobster, fish , shrimp, crab, flank steak, chicken breast, pork, eggs , chicken sausage:happy:
  • melraejor
    melraejor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been following a diet plan that is on body building forums. They have a list of things you should eat for that particular day or things similar to eat. For breakfast 5 egg whites. Grilled chicken breast is high in protein, and so is fish. You have to be careful with some fish because they are high in fatty acids. I usually follow their plan and I go over my protein by like 75g and am short on carbs and fats usually by 20.

Of course they have sides too these are the protein portions.
  • bwestfall03
    bwestfall03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Whey protein isolate! Get a good brand and one scoop will give around 20g of protein with minimal fat and carbs. Other options are fish, chicken and bison.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ok, sounds like more meat is the answer...lol.

I do have some whey protein...do y'all just put it inwater? I dont have a blender or anything...I'm at school.