Getting harder to eat

Options
Before I started this I always seemed to be hungry and would be snacking all the time as well as eating large meals. Even then I could never get the full feeling. Now I've started this I find that the less I eat, the less I want to eat. I'm finding that sometimes I have to force myself to eat more. Earlier tonight I had gotten to 700 calories and felt like that was enough for the day, but then I had to force myself to eat some toast and fruit to make up some of the calories. Now, I rarely feel hungry and feel full after very little food. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Replies

• EMcMurrick
    Options
    I seem to be having the same issues. I drop off somewhere around 700 calories and I feel like a stuffed bird. I originally thought that I was just sick but it's been like this for the past few weeks and it's really bizarre. (Already lost 30 pounds before joining.)

One thing that I think may be the issue is that I'm not eating many carbs and I've mainly been eating plain yogurt, cottage cheese, lean meat and the recommended amount of veg.
  • Rackle9990
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same thing. I feel like if I eat the amount of calories I should that I will be sick. I was always hungry before, but now that I'm eating healthier and working out regularly I can barely eat. I'm worried about going into starvation mode because of this. I've only lost five pounds so far.
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wish I wasn't hungry all the time. Sorry no advice.
  • rosadely
    Options
    Hi, I have the same problem. I start diet jan 1 and so far I lost 21 pounds. I don't know what to do, I don't want to get in starvation mode but I can't eat more.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I had the same problem! I was barely eating 1000 calories and I noticed my energy levels where suffering so this week I uped it to 1400 calories to see if that helps me. The best advice I can give you is to try to eat more foods that are healthy but carry heavy calorie loads such as almonds/nuts, I recently became obsessed with avacods! Adding them to my salads adds about 150-200 calories for a small one and its natural fat so its good for you, also meats like beef jerkey snack helps to up your calories.

I think your stomache is just shrinking and your getting used to running on less than before however it is best to try to meet the 1200 calories minimum.. Feel free to add me and take a look at my diary, im low carbing but it may give you some ideas :-) Good Luck
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Daily cardio will boost the metabolism and thus boost your apatite!
    Chances are some of you are on 1200 calorie diets and since for 99% of you thats below the BMR your bodies are trying to slow you down!
    You can combat this by eating the correct amount of calories consistently, revving the metabolism and in the end making you hunger for more!

Keep in mind that the better you eat the more weight you will lose.
    The lower you eat the more your body will seek to slow you down.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    You should talk to a doctor, you may be sick, or you may need to change your eating habits too a healthier level. Either way, if your having trouble eating that is a warning sign and you MUST address it with your doctor.
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. I also thought that it may be my stomach shrinking, really don't know though. I guess in a way it beats being hungry all of the time. :)