HRM's

Options
can someone tell me where i could get one nd how much they usually are?
i hate guesstimating my calories or how many miles i've walked if i'm not on a treadmill nd i've heard a HRM helps you count your calories you've burned, obviously your HR, nd more stuff.

:heart:

86322.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    can someone tell me where i could get one nd how much they usually are?
    i hate guesstimating my calories or how many miles i've walked if i'm not on a treadmill nd i've heard a HRM helps you count your calories you've burned, obviously your HR, nd more stuff.

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is the best thing i have bought i got the Polar F6 and i ordered it online. Just shop around but they are a lil pricey but well worth the cost. I cant imagine not using it considering machines and all are way off. You know exactly what you are burning. Good luck
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Try eBay ... it's normally cheaper there.
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I saw two at Wal-Mart recently. They were in the sporting goods section. They were both under $40. I don't know the functions that were on them though.
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    I also have the pink polar F6 and it was like $110 BUT they have the F4 also which is less expensive. love it! I hear many regrets about HRM's but mainly bc they wish they had purchased the polar the first time around.
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    thank you everyone for your input.
    i'm looking into getting one, but i also didn't wanna spend a small fortune on a HRM lol.
    but i guess in order to have good quality you have to let the moth outta your wallet :laugh:

what's the difference between the f6 and f4?

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    the f6 won't cross read other heart rates at the gym. with the f4, you could read someone else's heart rate, but the f6 is coded so that won't happen. If you're at home or outside, you'll probably be fine with the f4.
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    well as of right now i don't have the money for a gym membership (or a HRM really lol) but if i got the f4, it wouldn't really be a problem bc i mainly work out at home by myself.

are there any other ones than the f6 that i could look at that are somewhat cheaper?

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I bought a Reebok HRM on buy.com for $29.99, no tax free shipping. Comes with chest strap and watch monitor. Does everything I need for a fraction of the price of Polar. Works great.