30DS and HRM

Hi all! For those of you who do or have done the 30 day shred and have used a heart rate monitor during the work out: How many calories does it say you burn? Which HRM are you using?

Replies

• Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    I have a polar FT4 and I burn about 197 calories when i'm at a moderate pace on level one and I burn 234 when I'm really going all out with the workout.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    I just started using an HRM and it's the Polar F4.

MFP used to tell me I burned 189 calories doing 30 Day Shred. Right now with the HRM, it's been about 242 calories burned for 30 DS.

I'm a huge fan of the HRM. (And the 30 DS too)
  • danielleisms
    danielleisms Posts: 42 Member
    I only burned around 180 on 30DS level one with a HRM. It has a lot to do with your fitness level, weight, resting heart rate, etc. :)
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Just wanted to refresh this topic. I'm using a Timex HRM and I'm concerned that the calories burned reading is wrong. It seems much higher than others. I know that calories burned depends on weight and whatnot, but I think this is too big of a difference.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    I'm 5'5" weigh 188 and I burn anywhere from 208-230 for the warm up and workout ( not including the cool down or the extra ten minutes I do of stretching afterwards) hope that helps!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Oh mine is a polar ft4 :-)
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    I have a polar FT4 and I burn about 197 calories when i'm at a moderate pace on level one and I burn 234 when I'm really going all out with the workout.

This
    I was 160- 155 lbs.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    I usually burn anywhere from 180-250.

Question for everyone though - does anyone's HRM's glitch doing the 30DS? Mine (especially when doing ab work on the floor) will start beeping and tell me to check my HRM strap. It's NEVER done this for me during Zumba, etc....just Jillian videos when I'm on the floor.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    I have a Polar FT 4 and I burn about 150 -160 calories. I weigh 145
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,131 Member
    I use a Pyle. It was cheap. It says I burn around 250. If I work harder, I burn 300ish
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Did my first day today of 30ds and WOW. was tough.. I forget to my my HRM but will remember to put it on tomorw If I can even walk lol.. she sure was tough!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member

Question for everyone though - does anyone's HRM's glitch doing the 30DS? Mine (especially when doing ab work on the floor) will start beeping and tell me to check my HRM strap. It's NEVER done this for me during Zumba, etc....just Jillian videos when I'm on the floor.

If it has a chest strap it could be that you lose "connection" in diff positions...

also I think HRM are more for higher heart rates..and if it drops lower it could be the reason too.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,131 Member

Yep! Happened yesterday
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 417 Member
    I use the Garmin Fr60 and for level 2 I was around 300-320 and for lvl3 I was around 260-290 depending on how hard I pushed myself. I am 5'4 and about 130lbs
  • Well, I burn more than the PPs (around 300 when I'm really busting my gut) but I'm 185 and 5'6", so still in an overweight bmi. I also have a Timex, though, so I'd be interested in knowing if it's grossly overestimating.....although short of getting another brand HRM and wearing them both at the same time, IDK how to tell for sure :P Have you set your HRM to your correct weight? It might be reading higher if you haven't updated your weight in awhile.

I will say that I've lost 20 lbs so far going off of what MFP tells me to eat + the readouts from my Timex HRM, so for me, at least, it can't be SO far off that it's been detrimental
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member

What kind of HRM do you have? My first one was a sportsline and it always lost my heart rate during floor exercises, especially planks. Now I have a Polar FT 4 and it never loses my heart rate! Its great.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I'm 25yo, 5'3", 185lbs and I burn 230calories on level 1. I have a Polar FT4 and count the warm-up and cool-down. I have mine set to not make noise so I don't hear any beeping, but that is probaly just for telling you you are below your heartrate range.
  • skward04
    skward04 Posts: 81 Member
    I have an ft4. I started level 2 just last night and burned an even 300 (pushing pretty hard). While doing level 1, I started out around 285 and by day 10, I was down to 245.

I'm 5'6, 25 yrs old, 148ish lbs and been working out a little over a year. Hope that helps!
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Well, I burn more than the PPs (around 300 when I'm really busting my gut) but I'm 185 and 5'6", so still in an overweight bmi. I also have a Timex, though, so I'd be interested in knowing if it's grossly overestimating.....although short of getting another brand HRM and wearing them both at the same time, IDK how to tell for sure :P Have you set your HRM to your correct weight? It might be reading higher if you haven't updated your weight in awhile.

I will say that I've lost 20 lbs so far going off of what MFP tells me to eat + the readouts from my Timex HRM, so for me, at least, it can't be SO far off that it's been detrimental

I think I must be doing something wrong then. I have reset my weight though. I will check again the next time I do the 30ds. Hopefully it's just user error -.-*