NSV - Skin change

Options
2»

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's the reason I gave up eating stuff that contains hydrogenated oil years ago.. for me hydrogenated fat = zit fuel. :noway:

Ha, not shocking! Although I have to say I don't really know what foods contain that...

Lots of stuff has it, particularly things like non dairy creamers/flavored creamers... margarine and nutella is pretty much made out of it lol. It hides in a lot of stuff though, if you look at labels and you see "hydrogenated soybean oil" or "partially hydrogenated oil" etc that's the stuff. Lots of processed foods have it, like Pringles for example. It's created by pumping hydrogen through a light oil to make it solid at room temperature and more like butter.

A few years ago I made the connection with my skin because I'd been really into the flavored creamers and my skin was a mess until I cut them out. Since then I've noticed if I have anything containing it I might be fine the first day but if I also have some on a second day usually I break out.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yep, if you eat badly then your skin, nails and hair looks that way, I know when I eat chocolate or a bag of chipsi break out the next day. Grade 7 health class filled me in on that little pearl of knowledge.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!