Six Inches!!!

Options
Hemis_mom
Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
I started my journey on MFP about 6 weeks ago--I have lost 10 pounds to date and have lost 3 inches around my hip (butt) area and 3 inches around my waist. I haven't really noticed a change but I look in the mirror every day--however the tape measure gave me a big feeling of success and hope that this time will be different. The best part was when my mom said how proud she was of me because I was sticking to this 'diet'. I don't really see it as a diet but rather a life style change (big one) and learning about self control and being educated about food! I was feeling a little down after having two over calorie days in a row glad I got the tape measure out! I wish I had taken before and after pictures I like looking at others it gives me such inspiration! So thank you for being brave!
Thank you for this website! It has given me HOPE!
:flowerforyou: :smile:

Replies

• Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on MFP about 6 weeks ago--I have lost 10 pounds to date and have lost 3 inches around my hip (butt) area and 3 inches around my waist. I haven't really noticed a change but I look in the mirror every day--however the tape measure gave me a big feeling of success and hope that this time will be different. The best part was when my mom said how proud she was of me because I was sticking to this 'diet'. I don't really see it as a diet but rather a life style change (big one) and learning about self control and being educated about food! I was feeling a little down after having two over calorie days in a row glad I got the tape measure out! I wish I had taken before and after pictures I like looking at others it gives me such inspiration! So thank you for being brave!
    Thank you for this website! It has given me HOPE!
    :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the good work!
  • kitty82
    kitty82 Posts: 36
    Options
    That's awsome!!! I'm so happy for you!

I wish I had taken before pictures too...I've dug for older pictures to try to compare them. I look in the mirror I really can't tell either :cry: but then the tape measure tells me the truth :happy:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Keep it up!
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    that's great! :flowerforyou:

Take pictures now! That way in 10 more pounds or however many, you can take more and so on and have them to compare! It's better than nothing and it can be a great motivation (speaking from previous weightloss before my two pregnancies experience :wink: )

Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!