I am new to this

Options
Hi, my name is Kathy, I go by Kat. I am trying a new way of life by working out and eating right. I have always been a bigger person even when I was a kid. The first time I ever lost a lot of weight and felt good about myself was five years ago when I got into meth. I of course lost tons of weight and was that girl that was a size 2 and could wear anything. Well about a year into that being skinny wasn't as important as saving my life and not going to prison so I got help in treatment and was able to quit and stay off of Meth and drinking Alcohol going on four years now. However I have gained all of my weight back plus more. I will be honest I am 5'2 and weigh 205 lbs. My goal is to get to 125 - 130lbs. I don't consider my self lazy but my full time job is an office administrator so I do a lot of sitting during the day. At night I was doing a lot of house work and doing some daycare but not enough I guess to help me loose any weight. My husband recently bought me a membership to the Y here in Mankato and I have a workout buddy and impressively enough I have been doing really well at going on a consistent basis. I am bound a determined to loose weight. I recently got married, well not recently I guess it will be 2 yrs in September, and I feel like all the romance is gone already due to my weight gain. My husband tells me no but I say yes, I hate how I look and want to do something good for my body instead of all the abuse I have put it through in the past. I love working out and have done very well at watching what I eat but get bored with my selections easy because as we all know the healthy food is the most expensive and I am not good at spending money on my self I would much rather spend it on my husband, kids, pets, and house. My friend Amber recommended this website to me and I started it yesterday. I look at my progress in my eating and exercise but also like to have more support to keep me going. New stuff is always fun and exciting but to keep going takes support. So here I am, glad to be here.

Replies

• Kat_Clement
    Options
    I would also like to know if working out every day to start with is a good idea or not and how much is to much as far as time wise goes.