WHY is it so hard to EAT????

Options
The past few weeks, I am lucky if I get two meals in a day. Its not even that I am super busy. I am a bit stressed although I try really hard not to be. But I am often too tired in the morning after dropping my son off at school to eat. Sometimes I manage a lil something in the early afternoon but otherwise I may not eat until dinner. I know this RUINING my metabolism, but I am finding it difficult to get back on a routine of Breakfast..snack ..Lunch..snack ...Dinner...Snack.....I have gotten bored with the food I use to eat. as well. I am still doing Zumba and Taekwondo...but thats about it. I need to work strength training back into my routine. I am just in a RUT I guess. Please HELP!!!!!!!!! :frown:

Replies

• charrn66
    Options
    I think it is easy to get busy and stressed and not eat. Have you tried to keep some healthy snacks in your purse while you are on the go? I usually always have some sort of nuts with me (keep an eye on portions), as well as water, and a fruit. Totally understand the rut thinking, I am there a bit too... maybe mix it up by taking a walk with your friends/kiddos, and then doing the strength training on that day. Just don't give up... when we are stressed it is easy to let our bodies go first - because it only affects us.

Good luck, best wishes - and chin up! :-)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I recommend two things.

1. Spend some time researching good foods you like to eat. Break it down by food type and then again by meal type. Really brainstorm a really good list. Use google, forums, your diary, etc. for inspiration. Leave room to add new stuff periodically. This will keep you from getting in too much of a food rut and it will save you a lot of time down the road.

2. Before you go grocery shopping, plan your meals. Write a list based on breakfast, lunch, dinner AND snacks. Then print it. Post it on your refrigerator. It's not necessary to stick to it 100% by the day but it will tell you what's in your fridge and you can do a quick scan to see what's fast and easy when you know you'll be super busy.

If you are really having a hard time, consider setting your alarm on your watch or phone for regular intervals and make sure you bring the food with you.

Once a month I also do an inventory (even pre-diet) of my kitchen cabinets, fridge, and freezer and list everything I can think of in terms of meals, how many cans of veggies, various snacks, etc. I type it up and put it on my fridge. This helps me when it comes time for grocery shopping and it helps me find alternatives if the food I pick that week I'm not in the mood for, but mostly it helps me use up the food I have. I keep that list a little more simple than my master food list. The point is to know what I have, not to complicate my life.
  • kcoftx
    Options
    I give great recommendations but I know when I'm not intentionally logging, and thinking about what I'm doing, I'm guilty of the same thing. The alarm might be a good idea. The other suggestions were because you said you were bored with your foods and because you felt stressed (ie, no energy to think about it, rushed, busy, etc.).
  • StuffyStuff
    StuffyStuff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I just may have to try these. I 've got to get out of this .....thing I am in...I cant afford to go back to my old ways...I REFUSE TO BE AS HEAVY and UNHEALTHY AS I WAS!!!!!!!
  • kcoftx
    Options
    Kudos to you. I kept my 60lb loss off for 3 years and after awhile I didn't even have to really think about it anymore and then I had a big change in my life and suddenly, without realizing it at first, I was back to full sugar addiction. Then even when I knew it, I didn't want to mess with it again. I had gained 20lbs in 2 months! But I maintained after that and since I wasn't gaining anymore, I went back to my excuses. I woke up a few days ago and realized I was eating candy and some pringles in the bathtub at the start of the day. The 20lbs, as much as I hated it, was much better than the cause of how I got there. Yep, time to get out of the denial funk and get back on track. My funk lasted a full year. If you recognize it quickly and tackle it, you are doing super great. Keep it up!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    There is actually no reason for you to force yourself to eat if you're not hungry (providing you are getting adequate total calories daily).

You are inadvertently intermittent fasting & it doesn't ruin your metabolism at all. It actually increases with up to 48hrs of fasting.

So just hit your cal/macro goals that MFP sets for you in the 2 meals you're eating & it's all good :smile: