hungry ALL the time

Options
I need some help.... I seem to be hungry ALL the time!!! Any tips on how to kick a carb craving? How to feel "full"? I have tried to load up on fruits / veggies but always end up going back to carbs because I'm... well, hungry!
Forever grateful for any / all suggestions on what works!

~ GLH

Replies

• jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need some help.... I seem to be hungry ALL the time!!! Any tips on how to kick a carb craving? How to feel "full"? I have tried to load up on fruits / veggies but always end up going back to carbs because I'm... well, hungry!
    Forever grateful for any / all suggestions on what works!

~ GLH
  • weasleman42
    Options
    Try drinking water when you feel hungry. Dehydration can feel similar to hunger.
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    Try adding a little more protein to your meal...that seems to work for me! Good luck!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    do a hard workout then
    drink a protein shake then
    drink water
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are great, but you're going to need more protein and fat (if you're not going over) to feel more fill. Since fruits and veggies have so much water, they won't keep you full very long.

And as long as you're not going over, carbs aren't necessarily a bad thing. You still need carbs, just limit them.
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    Of course I am assuming that you are eating enough... but just in case this is what gets me through the day

Morning:
    Quick breakfast usually Cafe Steamer meals work great.. 5 minutes and breakfast is done
    1 Multivitamin
    Creatine shake

Snack: Charlie's Chunk Light Tuna single pack. Great for protein

Lunch: Cafe Steamers lunch

Snack: Charlies Chunk light Tuna single pack. More protein

Dinner: Some really health food. Grilled Chicken breast, etc

snack: Protein shake.

All this foods added up come to about 1300 calories and they are very health. But the constant eating almost every two hours keeps me from feeling hungry.
  • GoddessDiana
    GoddessDiana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Protein will take care of it. The sugars in fruit only make it worse. Eat a few nuts and a big glass of water. You won't be hungry for a couple of hours!

177071.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    what are you eating? how much are you eating? how many time a day are you eating.

or you could just eat some more protien
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Soluble fiber works for me.

I start with 1/2 dried Quaker Oatmeal (plain, not instant), but I cook it with double the amount of water to make it bigger, with 1-2 tablespoons of nuts like peanuts or slivered almonds. Drink with lots of water so that it can expand in your stomach. You can add fruits to make it sweeter. Try fruits like strawberries, which are low-calorie, or pears, plums, and oranges, which have more soluble fiber than apples and bananas.

For lunch, I add 1/2 cup of beans to my salad for the protein and soluble fiber.

Check your fat and protein goals, and make sure you're hitting those and that the protein and fat are spread throughout the day (sometimes, they end up all at dinner time instead of at lunch and breakfast when you need them).

Veggies are for bulk, but they won't keep you full for very long. I overeat fruits and veggies for the same reason.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep.? Naturally, our bodies crave carbs for quick energy to wake us up when we don't get enough sleep.:yawn:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    As far as your carbs go, try to keep them complex instead of simple. Brown rice, whole wheat pasta and whole wheat bread will keep you fuller longer than white will. I don't know what your daily food diary looks like, but if you haven't already, try to cut out all the processed carbs and sugars. It will help not only in keeping you full, but will also kick the cravings for the bad stuff that doesn't! I know it is easier said than done. I definitely notice a difference in my hunger when I have a bad day or two. It takes a couple days for me to get back on track and not feel hungry all the time! (I am going through this right now if it makes you feel any better!) Good luck and I hope some of this helps!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm mostly repeating a lot of answers, but this is what helps me:

protein & fiber in my slim-fast shakes, which I have with a fruit for breakfast.

and

eating every 2 hours, 3 at the most. I'm making it longer now, but that's what helped me at first.

also like someone else said, try drinking more water.
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How soon do you eat after you first wake up in the morning?

It's not the same for everyone, but if I eat very soon after I wake up, I'm hungry all day. What works for me is to wait about 3 hours before having breakfast. This seems to stabilize me so that I can eat every few hours instead of constantly. It might be something to try.
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    try some snacks with protein and/or healthy fats. I recently have been eating edamame (found in the frozen foods section), and it is *so* filling and yummy.

also, I find it easier to forget about food and not obsess over it if I plan out my meals in advance and then record them. I find myself much hungrier if i start thinking about what to have for dinner, and then I am dreaming about food i shouldn't be eating. I also find it easier to keep to 3 meals and maybe 1 small snack before bed if I am still hungry. If I eat smaller but more frequent meals I am more hungry throughout the day. *shrug* it works for the french, they almost never snack.
  • Eazy43055
    Eazy43055 Posts: 56
    Options
    the feeling hunger feeling usually means your body needs water..