Moms of big families...

Options
I'm a SAHM of 5. I would like to meet some friends who have "large" families. I would love to share stories and get tips for finding time to exercise and met goals while coping with every day going ons.

My kids are 15, 14, 10, 6 and 19 months. I walk my 6 and 10 year olds to school and then with my neighbor as soon as I get home. I would like tips on other workouts that work...even with kids underfoot!

Replies

• katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    five children...3,6,14,17,42 (biggest baby out of all of them.)

would love to share anecdotes with you.

~katie
  • mommamindi
    Options
    I have 4 and we are planning at least 4 more...8 weeks, 16 months, almost 5 and 6...all you mommies feel free to add me :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    17,16,10,9,7. Nice to meetcha! Welcome to MFP!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM as well , to four. 9,7,7,6. Plus I babysit a 2 y/o mon - fri. Sometimes I think I've gone CrAzY!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have five kiddies too! 25, 20 (21 this month), 14, and twins that are 8! AND a grand baby that is almost 4, they ALL live with me! I would love to swap stories anytime!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me... My brood is 17, 16, 15, 14 and 6....

Family meals are a challenge, but I have found that if I make something like Taco Soup (healthy for all), I can get ALL the kids to eat it if I serve it with Frito's! lol.. shhhhhhh....

I'm just trying to get back to some 'me' time and my bff has talked me into doing a 1/2 marathon with her in May. I haven't even started running yet, but since the beginning of the year, my goal has been to move. That's it.. Move for one hour a day so that when I do start training, next week, my body won't go into shock and simply die.

With the itty bitty ones, you have your work cut out for you. I know, been there, done that.. so if you need anything at all, feel free to message me anytime!

Best of luck to you!
  • perceptivechaos
    Options
    10, 9, 4, and 14 months...and I cannot figure out how to put exercise into the routine! I have to work outside of my home, and really want to spend time with my kids (playing, talking, etc) when I get home. Something new I'm trying: My 9 year old runs cross country, and he asked me to run with him. I am very slow, but he is very patient, and it really has been a nice way to get closer to him. :) We've only gone twice, but I think I can definitely make it a habit. I think the key is to find active interests to share with the kids... running with him, baseball with my other boy... chase the baby around the yard... anything to get me MOVING! :)
  • irsleepy2
    Options
    Nice to meet you all. I'm a SAHM to 7 (26, 24, 21, 13, 12, 10 & (almost) 7).
    I think its a lot harder when your kids are very young, but for me, the time I spend at the gym is about the only time I'm 'alone' so its become my 'me' time. :)
    Good luck to all of us!
  • irsleepy2
    Options
    Something new I'm trying: My 9 year old runs cross country, and he asked me to run with him. I am very slow, but he is very patient, and it really has been a nice way to get closer to him. :) We've only gone twice, but I think I can definitely make it a habit. I think the key is to find active interests to share with the kids... running with him, baseball with my other boy... chase the baby around the yard... anything to get me MOVING! :)

I think thats a wonderful idea :)
    Good luck!
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    SAHM of 4.... 12, 10, 8 and 6 and my youngest is disabled, plus I'm a full time student. We are wanting to start fostering next year and possably adopt 2 more in time. I do most of my stuff while they are at school. When they do not have school I will do something in my room even if it is only 10 minutes of jumping jacks, sit-ups and things like that. I also bought some weights from walmart so I can incorporate them when I feel like it. I do have a gym membership but I don't use it as much as I would like.
  • cheykota
    cheykota Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have four kiddos...14, 10, 6, and 2. They keep me busy for sure. We have started playing the Wii so that I can spend time with them while working out. Good for them...good for me...great quality family time!! We are loving it! I'm also walking with the whole family. Feel free to add me:)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have 4 littles 10, 7, & 5 year old boys & a 3 year old girl. I work full time. It's always busy, and someone always needs something. I've been at a standstill working out, but have been working on a schedule to get back to it.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Mom to 4, ages 23, 16, 11, and 5! 2 boys and 2 girls. Definitely keep me busy. I do also work outside the house full time and of course I'm a full time wife too (lol!).
  • cdawnmoon
    Options
    SAHM of 4. 13,11, 4, 2, and I babysit two 8 month olds! Sooo Crazy!
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mom of 5. Daughter age 20 is out of the house. My four boys are 15, 13, 11 and 7.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I am a full time mum to 2 girls and 4 boys, aged 15, 14, 12, 10, 4 and 2 1/2, 4 natural births, 2 c-sections, and ectopic, a miscarriage, and 2 years ago I was sterilized, enough is enough!! My body is mine again!!

:noway:
  • jktjcca
    Options
    SAHM to 5 kids 15, 12, 9, 9 and our sweet daughter from Haiti is 3! I also do in home child care! I flop at the end of the day! lol
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a full time mum of four, 14, 12, 5 (boys) and a 3 year old little girl

anybody feel free to add me :smile:
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have 4 kids too. 12, 10, 6 and 3. 6 yr old the only girlie. We are also in the process of training to be foster parents.
  • mayaeberhard
    Options
    I have no business on this board, other than I wish it was me :-)

Enjoy your big families!