Themed dinner game

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
:laugh:

Does anyone have a specific theme for dinner for the days of the week?

Like- Meatless Monday, Pizza Friday...

I want to do that, for consistency and easy meal planning, but, want something a little more creative. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Replies

• dmmarie21
    Options

Does anyone have a specific theme for dinner for the days of the week?

Like- Meatless Monday, Pizza Friday...

I want to do that, for consistency and easy meal planning, but, want something a little more creative. Anyone have any good suggestions?
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hey cutie! :flowerforyou:
    man, i wish i could do that. its just takes so much effort for me to get the recipes cooked before the food goes bad! lol! it would be easier if i had someone else to do the dang dishes.

one thing i have learned is to make recipes and freeze them in the portion sizes. i know, what a concept right? but i seriously never did that before. now i have a little stock pile of different home made stuff and rely less on frozen dinners that are loaded with chemicals and sodium. :sick:

i do try to make breakfast for dinner as a treat every other week or so. i just have eggs and turkey bacon or turkey sausage and either a tortilla or bread. i just love it and its usually very low in calories. i guess because i like it so much its like a treat! :laugh:

any ways, share your 'food schedule' if you end up with one. it would be fun to see it.
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    :blushing: You made me blush :flowerforyou:

Yea, I'm really not sure how this will work out. I hardly ever stick to meal plans. It's hard to make them, because you just don't know what you will feel like that day!

But, I have to do something. I have a hard time sticking to calories, and I have 1400... I will probably cut down though, a little each week, because I'm not losing... :grumble:

It's hard, because I count calories, and my fiance, who just found out he is diabetic, has to count carb points, and I get too confused when cooking :( haha.

I tried the freezing the meals thing, but, I would rather just cook every night... I love it :drinker:

It's not like I really have anything else to do, since I can't find a job :grumble:

But, I will be sure to post my "schedule" if I come up with one...and actually stick to it :bigsmile:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    hehe! :flowerforyou:

i just saw your other thread. i am sure you will get some good ideas from the mfp folks. if anything, at least for fun foods.

sorry about your future hub's diabites. that has got to be tough. good for you for watching out for him! :drinker:

i was stuck at 7 pounds forever. i started really watching my sodium and only ate 1/2 my excercise calories and 2 more pounds dropped off. how many pounds are you set at to lose a week? maybe its set too high. keep trying, if you are consistant and pay attention and be honest it will come off, guaranteed! :drinker:

hope you find a job girl. its tough out there! :flowerforyou:
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Thanks!
    And yea, I am set to lose 2 a week.

I have a hard time with excercise. I mean, I don't LOVE it, but, I will do it. I just don't know where to start. I don't want to start a gym yet. Mostly because it is so freaking expensive and I am not comfortable working out around people yet :blushing: I'm shy, believe it or not haha.

I just bought the wii fit though, and am doing some things on there. I haven't yet bought a HRM, so I don't really know how many calories I am actually burning. I usually eat most of my excercise calories though, at least what I think I am burning, because I am so hungry.

I have a step thing, so I do that sometimes, and use the stationary bike. But, as far as weights and strength training, I am so lost on a "plan", same with cardio I guess. I just know I want this weight off, fast. LOL. I have at least 40 to lose by August :grumble: actually, 23 for sure, but, I am aiming for 40- before I go back to the Dr. But, total, my goal is 70.... ugh.. Got a LONG way :glasses:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    yea, im no expert, but that might be a little high. maybe set it for 1.5 pounds or even 1 pound a week and go from there.

this is no easy breezy thing, that is for sure. sounds like you are on the right track. i have the same 'lost' feeling when i try to workout on my own. i joined curves because its 30 minutes and gives you an all over workout. if i went to the regular gym, i just get overwhelmed. where i go is not for everyone. you get out of it what you put into it. if i had a wii i would totally buy wii fit. lots of people on here use it. just set yourself up to work 30-45 minutes per day and you will get there.

i bet with a little research you can get yourself on a good path. its all about routine really and incorporating the food, water, and working out together. be careful about the calories you think you burn. also, try picking up a food scale if you dont have one already. that was mistake numero uno for me! :blushing: over guessing how much i was eating.

i am no expert, but have been on this site since 1/5/09 and spent a ton of time reading what other people have done to be successful. if you can find tamtastic's threads about her weightloss, read them a few times and you will see. also, kerrilucko (sp) has had some really impressive success and has posted what she has done to make it happen.

you can do it girl! :drinker: before you know it, you will have 50 left, then 30 then (gasp!) 10 to go! :flowerforyou:
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Yay :tongue: I can't wait for that day... :glasses:

I am just going to work really hard... but then I am worried about working TOO hard and all that.. ugh. Yea, I don't have a food scale.

I guess I could always break out my digital bathroom scale, line it with plastic wrap and stick the food on there :laugh: nasty lol

Thanks for all of your help :)

Oh, and I think I have decided on:

Meatless Monday- Stuffed Portobello burgers

Tuesday- designated for dinner at mother in laws, they are greek, so we always have the best food there :)

Wednesday- homemade takeout/fast food day- not sure what... I am thinking chicago style hotdogs sound soooo good. Of course, with light or veggie dogs. Probably light:bigsmile: Or turkey.

Thursday- Probably leftovers..

Friday- Seafood- not sure what yet.

Saturday- Slow cooker- I saw a recipe for salsa chicken on here that looked really good.

Sunday- Italian- but haven't figured out what yet :huh:

Probably not the most creative...but :bigsmile: It MIGHT keep me entertained :noway:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    My mom does...has ever since I was little!

Monday- Steak or Kielbalsa
    Tuesday- Chicken or Pork
    Wednesday-Macaroni
    Thursday- Hot Dogs
    Friday- Fish during lent... otherwise a sandwich
    Saturday-Sometimes Pizza
    Sunday- leftover macaroni

lol when I lived at home, I only followed M-W...and sometimes Saturday depending on the pizza! I don't like Dominos :frown:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My mom always did this:

Sunday: Roast
    Monday: Pasta
    Tuesday: Chicken
    Wednesday: Leftover Roast - normally in the form of soup
    Thursday: Pork
    Friday: Eat out/order in - didn't matter which, she wasn't cooking
    Saturday: Sandwiches/Leftovers
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    that is cool Magic :) I dont like Dominos either... blech...

anyway

I have:
    Munchies Monday (little light snacks like appitizers)

Tilapia Tuesdays (fish, usually Salmon or tilapia or mahi mahi! nummy nums)

Workout Wednesday (I eat more for lunches and do an extra big workout and just have my after workout shake as dinner, its 300 calories and 42 grams of protien)

No Time Thursdays (anything goes... usually Chicken because its easy)

Famished Friday (I workout both cardio and weights so I eat slightly larger dinner, sometimes pork, sometimes steak, mostly fish, chicken, or turkey)

Saturday and Sunday are totally lost because I find that I hardly ever have time to think about dinners much less cook them.. most of the time I have left overs or something like that both days.. sometimes i get lazy on sunday and have pizza... :blushing:

I have been mostly eating larger breakfasts than lunch and larger lunches than dinners so my dinner portions are very small... typcally less than 8 oz of meat and two servings of veggies :tongue:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    that is cool Magic :) I dont like Dominos either... blech...

anyway

I have:
    Munchies Monday (little light snacks like appitizers)

Tilapia Tuesdays (fish, usually Salmon or tilapia or mahi mahi! nummy nums)

Workout Wednesday (I eat more for lunches and do an extra big workout and just have my after workout shake as dinner, its 300 calories and 42 grams of protien)

No Time Thursdays (anything goes... usually Chicken because its easy)

Famished Friday (I workout both cardio and weights so I eat slightly larger dinner, sometimes pork, sometimes steak, mostly fish, chicken, or turkey)

Saturday and Sunday are totally lost because I find that I hardly ever have time to think about dinners much less cook them.. most of the time I have left overs or something like that both days.. sometimes i get lazy on sunday and have pizza... :blushing:

I have been mostly eating larger breakfasts than lunch and larger lunches than dinners so my dinner portions are very small... typcally less than 8 oz of meat and two servings of veggies :tongue:

For some reason, it just doesn't taste like any other pizza haha.... Their subs are good, tried those? :huh:

haha nice menu btw:tongue:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I used to but have since cut out some of the things that are bad for me. It used to be:

Mondays: Wine and a Blonde

Tuesdays: Cocktails and a Brunette

Wednesdays: Beer and a Redhead

Thursdays: Margaritas with a Raven Haired

Fridays: Kamikazes with the Hot Pink Punk Rocker

Saturdays: All of the above.

Sundays: Repentance, a Nun, and a Diet Coke

I have since given up alcohol.
  • dmmarie21
    Options