Spinning

Options
Hey! I've been going to a Spin class and I love the workout, but the seats really hurt me...I wonder if anyone else has this problem...and what they did to fix it? I really want to keep going as it is a great workout, but being uncomfortable the whole time discourages me from going.

Replies

• jessicahodgson
    Options
    Hey! I've been going to a Spin class and I love the workout, but the seats really hurt me...I wonder if anyone else has this problem...and what they did to fix it? I really want to keep going as it is a great workout, but being uncomfortable the whole time discourages me from going.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you can get a gel seat pad at the sports store and take it with ya
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    First, be sure the bike "fits" you and adjust if need be...while standing the seat should hit you at hip level, and adjust the handle bars to your comfort level. I prefer seats that have an "opening" in the middle, they are SO much more comfortable! Otherwise, after a few classes, your butt will get used to it!
  • jessicahodgson
    Options
    Thanks...I will try adjusting the bike...I have been going twice a week for a month...I will just keep trying...
  • lionessd
    lionessd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The gel seats really work wonders, but after a while you get used to it! I think spinning is a wonderful workout, especially with a good interactive teacher!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    If you have just started...dont panic. The saddle soreness goes away after a few weeks. I swear. Just take it easy and keep spinning. The pain goes away.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Same thing with a road bike. Your butt needs to adjust to the seat. Give it some time, it gets better!

We have a spinner at home. My wife is losing lbs & inches, a great workout.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Also be sure to take it easy on your "landings" like if you do jumps in the class, or anytime you go up and then down on the seat. Use your leg muscles to set yourself down more softly.
    And your butt will get used to it ;)