Ok, when this song comes on the radio...

Options
pauljsolie
pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
I was driving home tonight and heard a song that I haven't heard in literally decades. I'll admit it. I listened to it. Dancing Queen by ABBA. Man, the 70's, I'm getting old!!! What is the songthat you'd rather not admit listening to?

Replies

• liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'd say anything by NKOTB. :)
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Love story by taylor swift..dont judge me
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I love a lot of the newer "pop" music (using pop here to mean popular as there are various genres to the songs I like) and I am ashamed of nearly all of it- especially anything by Ke$ha- it's udder junk food music and I love it for workouts of for singing loudly in my car whilst stuck in traffic but never, ever in public
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am such a music " guru " that I am not embarrassed by any of my choices ... Take me back to Swing, Over to the Islands with Reggae .. a quiet night with Pavarotti or the Phantom ... Rock out a summer night with the Boss ... Head to St Augustine and stay out all night in Jazz Club ... to the very modern music of FFF, Christina Perri, Gavin, Fergi, Lifehouse, Mraz ... and then give me the oldies but goodies any day of the week ! Yeah, I totally went all out on this answer !

Hence lest not forget ... Billy Joel, Elton, Rod, Mick, Bette, Bob Marley, Jimmy ... Ohhhh, I could just keep rambling, but that's enough for now ... Carry on.

:happy:
  • doctor_mike
    Options
    I am such a music " guru " that I am not embarrassed by any of my choices ... Take me back to Swing, Over to the Islands with Reggae .. a quiet night with Pavarotti or the Phantom ... Rock out a summer night with the Boss ... Head to St Augustine and stay out all night in Jazz Club ... to the very modern music of FFF, Christina Perri, Gavin, Fergi, Lifehouse, Mraz ... and then give me the oldies but goodies any day of the week ! Yeah, I totally went all out on this answer !

Hence lest not forget ... Billy Joel, Elton, Rod, Mick, Bette, Bob Marley, Jimmy ... Ohhhh, I could just keep rambling, but that's enough for now ... Carry on.

I really like that old stuff, too....but I also like the more recent song "1000 Years" for some reason......
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I love a lot of the newer "pop" music (using pop here to mean popular as there are various genres to the songs I like) and I am ashamed of nearly all of it- especially anything by Ke$ha- it's udder junk food music and I love it for workouts of for singing loudly in my car whilst stuck in traffic but never, ever in public

^ This, lol.

I know it's terrible in the grand scheme of musical tastes, but it gets me pumped up and usually puts me in a great mood. I also happen to love singing loudly and dancing randomly around my house (or in my car). Ke$ha is a perfect example....
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm a rocker till death but some times in still, quiet moments in the car I'll turn on some oak ridge boys. DONT TELL MY WIFE!!!
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd say anything by NKOTB. :)

Are you kidding me?? I LOVE NKOTB!!!! :laugh:
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options

I really like that old stuff, too....but I also like the more recent song "1000 Years" for some reason......

A guy after my own heart .... Sigh .... Yes, 1000 Years is on the top of my list ! :wink:
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips.

Don't judge. :wink:
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have old 90's boybands on my mp3 player when working out.
    Yes, a lot of NKOTB and Take That... No, I would never let anyone use my MP3 player for that reason alone...

And I have some cheesy worship music from my days as a conservative evangelical christian...

:-/
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Tell me please that I'm not the only one who will rock out to an embarrassing throwback, windows down radio up...until I pull up to a light or near another car and windows go up and radio down! I can't be letting on that I'm listening to that song :p
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Tell me please that I'm not the only one who will rock out to an embarrassing throwback, windows down radio up...until I pull up to a light or near another car and windows go up and radio down! I can't be letting on that I'm listening to that song :p

Hysterical! I do the same thing. I have Sirus in my car and listen to the 70's or old love songs and when I pull up to a stop I roll the window up....lol!
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Haha!! I'm so glad I'm not alone!

Hysterical! I do the same thing. I have Sirus in my car and listen to the 70's or old love songs and when I pull up to a stop I roll the window up....lol!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Anything by John Denver. I love his music but I recognize that most people would not think that is cool.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    All the Pretty girls by Fun. I can't sit still to that.
  • CandiceLeeAnn
    CandiceLeeAnn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips.

Don't judge. :wink:

I did a lip sync/dance routine to that in 1991. Truth be told I actually sang the whole song out loud and the audience heard me...lol. I was only 9 at the time, but I did end up winning and being crowned the Fun Fair Queen. That song brings back great memories for me, and I still remember all of my moves :D
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Music is like cheese - You have some really good cheese, but you also have that irresistable processed cheese.

Even though I like my Cambizola - sometimes I just want some good ole fashioned Kraft Singles.

My musical guilty pleasure is Nickleback - they are my go-to bad-for-me cheese (cheese here works on SO many levels) LOL!
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was driving home tonight and heard a song that I haven't heard in literally decades. I'll admit it. I listened to it. Dancing Queen by ABBA. Man, the 70's, I'm getting old!!! What is the songthat you'd rather not admit listening to?

Dancing Queen was the number 1 in the UK when I was born....urgggghhh Im old!!!

Mine would have to be Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby - lol x
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    Anything by John Denver. I love his music but I recognize that most people would not think that is cool.

john denver rocks!!!