Mom looking for people to go thru weight loss with.

Options

Replies

• didi1120
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm a 28 year old mom to a 2.5 year old.. 30 days into MFP and also 3 weeks into c25K!! Feel free to add me
  • blueangell
    blueangell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am a stay at home mom of 3 kids ages 8 4 and 2 years old. When I was in my 20's I weighed anywhere between 99lbs and 104 ate anything and everything. Now I am 5'2 and 144 lbs lost 7lbs so far. I was walking or riding my bike for a total of 80 minutes a day but having a hard time getting my girls walking to do that everyday. My husband 3 days ago bought me a used elliptical machine off of craislist and I am loving it. I burn so much more calories and in a shorter time and whats better it in my home and everytime I get a spare 15 minutes I hope on. I also will get on that puppy if I eat something I shoudnt have to burn some of those calories! LOL. Anyways I could use all the support I can get and would love to support other woman in my shoes. I notice I work harder when I see other of my friends burning more calories then me lol! Anyways add me if you need the support!
  • daniellek10
    daniellek10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom to two kids, ages 10 and 6! Step mom, well same diff, live w my bf and his three kids ages 11, 12, 14! I have about 50 pounds to lose. Well I have never weighed that little in my adult life, so i would take 25, haha... I would love to be added for some more support! love MFP!
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    Hi ladies, I just had my baby boy about 7 weeks ago. I am 5'8, I went from being about 125 pounds to 181 when I had my baby. Now I weigh 155 and I truthfully hate the way my body looks. I'm looking to lose weight, but now it seems like I am stuck and cannot lose anything! I have been going to the gym and I have not lost weight! Help!!
  • mllowe2
    mllowe2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Another mom here. 36 years old with 3 little ones (well my girls aren't that little anymore!). Started p90x on January 3. I have a love-hate relationship with it! But a month in and it's already becoming more manageable (I started to say easier, but it's not easy!!). I sent you a friend request....GOOD LUCK on this journey!!:happy:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I had a son last March, and am coming up to his 1st birthday and still weigh the same I did when I was 9 months pregnant with hiM!!! GRRRRR.... I also would like to learn to love running. But the main goal for me is to just be healthier. I need to be able to keep up with my son!
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 41 and the mother of 3. A 7 year old boy and 3 year old boy/girl twins. I've got more weight to lose than most of y'all but I'm very supportive and don't refuse friend requests!
  • hotpotaaaaato
    Options
    Good luck honey, you can do it! I'm a stay home mom of 3 ages 5, 3, and 10 months. I've been on MFP for awhile off and on through pregnancies etc, but I finally started sticking to it 5 months ago. In those 5 months I've lost 28 pounds and 15.5 inches. I still have 22 lbs to go, but I'm starting to lose motivation. Nice to find others in my boat. Stick with it, log everything, work out when you can, (I do 2-3x/ week kickboxing class at the gym) and you'll get results. =D Go momma!
  • Em7299
    Em7299 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this too. I'm 39, Mum of 1 son. I used to be very fit but unfortunately stopped my hobby through lack of time, so my son could play rugby at National level. Want to lose 15 lbs and get fit again. My husband and son both go running which I hate, but would love to get fit again and be able to go with them. Only just started using MFP and I' just hoping I will have the willpower to keep going. Would love support.:smile:
  • yvmgil
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 30-something year old mother of 5 girls. I am interested in weight loss too! I started Zumba this January, after being introduced to in by my sister-in-law. Now we have a nice sice group that gets together 3-4 times a week. Zumba is very fast-paced and I have already noticed a diffence in my close fitting me better. I have not lost any weight, but I hope to keep this up and the lbs will start to melt away. My problem area, as with mother mothers of 1 or 5, is my stomach and also my back. Currently, I am 5'3" and weight 158. I would like to lose 15-20 lbs, but will be just fine if I can tone and shape my body. Wish me luck and I hope to check back in soon! :wink:
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, mom of a 9 year old boy. Been working on this since September, but I have a long way to go.
  • Lizerra
    Options
    Hi there ladies, I am 36 and have a 7 week old baby boy and a 3 1/2 year old daughter. I am looking for the same. Feel free to add me and we can help keep each other motivated.
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Single mom of 2 boys here. They're 5 & 9. I'm down about 50 lbs and have another 30 or 40 to go. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • CarlaGill1968
    Options
    I'm the mother of teen and pre-teen girls, who works outside the home... I'm going to the gym at 5:15 am to get my work outs in! Yikes! That's so early for me, but have found it getting easier with the more energy I'm finding. I've been on here for a month now and LOVE it! Add me if you'd like.
  • tjalred
    tjalred Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and have about 33 more lbs. to lose. I want to find other people who is going to go after the same thing. I started dieting and exercising just 2 days ago and am looking to stick with it. I have done other diets before that did not stick but I want to get it done this time. Today I started P90x and I also started an app on my phone called Couch Potato to 5k. I hate running but want to learn to love it. I also want to do a 5k on March 17th so that is my first deadline. After that the rest of the weight I will want to lose.

Lets go guys, we can do it! :)

I love P90X! It is my all time favorite workout regimen.
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom trying to lose 50lbs. I work at home so fitting in a work out is hard but I've been managing to at least do a walking dvd 5 days a week. I have 3 children of my own and I watch 3 other children daily. Add me if you like. :)
  • brwneyedbrndi
    brwneyedbrndi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hiya! :o) I am in the same boat. I watch those P90x infomercials all the time and think "yeah, that's what I need" but am too intimidated to actually get it beacuse I know I will not be able to keep up at this point in time. I am a mother to 3 little ones: 9, 7 and soon to be 5. After my divorce, I lost control of my weight and my life was hectic to say the least. My life has finally calmed down and I'm more in control than ever and it's time to focus on me! I'm new on here, and would love to meet other moms to help motivate!
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I did send some of you friends request until I was told I couldn't send anymore. I'm a stay home mom of two boys, ages 4 and 16 months. I started my weight loss journey in December and tomorrow will be day 60 so time for a weigh in and I'm excited to see my progress.
  • Fit4Me2012
    Options
    I would love to add some friends that have are in a common place in your life and commons goals...I think that is where i have gone wrong in the past. I am a 35 yr old mom of a 7 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son. My goal is to lose 22-27 lbs...although I "joined" MFD in December, I just focused myself on Monday when i started the 30 day shred and started tracking my food on Wednesday, 2/1. Look forward to offer support and encouragment to others as well as receiving the same when i need a little push!!
  • cbrenneman27
    Options
    Hey there ! I am new here to! I'm 33 with a hyper 9 yr old. If i burned as many calories as he does, and had as much energy as him, I think I would be in good shape. I started doing the jillian micheals 30 day shred and adding the tredmil for 20 min before and after. hopefully i will start seeing some results. reading all the posts is really inspiring to me. :smile: