its going to get easier!

Options
So i realized something, for me its not the weight you lose its the inches, I feel as though stepping on that scale just doesn't help me any, all it does is discourage me. Also I look at working out as my stress reliever and relaxation, instead of looking at it as suffering.when I set my elliptical as high as I can go, not only am I sweating my fat off, I'm also working my stress away. :-)

Replies

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! When I have a bad day, sometimes the only thing that clears my head and helps is a nice run or workout. Good luck with your all your goals!
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    PERFECT attitude; keep that up and you'll succeed for sure!

You're absolutely correct about measurements being more important than pounds lost. I stepped on the scale last Sunday only to find that I gained a pound...and I was feeling very discouraged. Then I took my measurements and found that I had lost an entire 3" off my midsection (1.5 off my waist, and another 1.5 from my hips) -- in ONE week.

The whole point of this journey is to shrink, and the scale is probably the worst way to measure shrinkage success.

Exercise is a FANTASTIC stress reliever; keep it up! You benefit in so many ways, and eventually that "afterglow" will become addictive! :smile:
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    PERFECT attitude; keep that up and you'll succeed for sure!

You're absolutely correct about measurements being more important than pounds lost. I stepped on the scale last Sunday only to find that I gained a pound...and I was feeling very discouraged. Then I took my measurements and found that I had lost an entire 3" off my midsection (1.5 off my waist, and another 1.5 from my hips) -- in ONE week.

The whole point of this journey is to shrink, and the scale is probably the worst way to measure shrinkage success.

Exercise is a FANTASTIC stress reliever; keep it up! You benefit in so many ways, and eventually that "afterglow" will become addictive! :smile:
    Its good to know its working for you also! Good luck on your journey!