women, did your body ever go back to "normal" after delivery

Options
2»

Replies

• Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 18 months old.

I weighed 178 and size 17 jeans were tight on me in January of 2011 when I started my weight loss journey. I am now 17 pounds less than I was when I got pregnant and now in a size 11 jeans. (I was a 13 before getting pregnant) and I still have some belly fat to lose and some love handles. YUCK. But my hips have finally shrunk. I have lost almost 3 inches off of them.

Also, I was a 42H bra size before getting pregnant and now I am a 38DD. I definitely won't be getting those back lol
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have a son that just turned 2 years old and another son that is almost 5 months and although I lost all my baby weight with both of them by 6wks postpartum, my body did change and I carry more weight in my lower tummy and hips area than every before. Clothes fit differently as well.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I had 2 children within 2 years and my body went back to normal pretty quick. But I was very young and didn't gain a huge amount with either child and I've always had full hips. I think age and how much you gain during the pregancy plays a big role in how quickly you get back to normal. Also, what "normal" (pre-pregnancy) was probably plays a role. I was pretty thin back then. In fact, I only weigh 2 lbs less right now than I did at my heaviest while pregnant.