Wii EA Active

Options
Today I played EA active and went to log it into my exercises. I was just wondering if the calories it says you burn on the game accurate or not. I wasn't sure exaclty how to enter it anyone have some advice? I played for 30 mins and it said i burn 218 calories does that seem right?

Replies

• EmmaShorter
    Options
    I haven't played it for ages but my actual hrm used to say different so I don't think it is too accurate. Can't remember if my number was higher or lower than the ea sports one. Hth
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I find that it lowballs the calorie burn a bit - but not that much, and really it's better to underestimate on that account!

That being said, if you want to be accurate, get an actual HRM with a chest strap - much more accurate! Just make sure to wear the watch on the opposite wrist... otherwise I find it interferes.

But yeah, depending on your intensity, that should be around about right. I do my best to keep my HR at about 135-170 for about 30 minutes on my EA Sports Active 2 workouts, and burn about 294 calories (according to my HRM).
  • SabrinaJ89
    SabrinaJ89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I may have to invest in an HRM so I have a better idea of the calories i burned. For now i just added wii active as an exercise and put in the calories it told me.