Erm, is this possible...?

I have been eating well and exercising since Jan 1st, without any major difference to my weight. I started at 161lb and yesterday I was 158, so a loss of about 2lb over a month.

However, I weighed myself this morning and the scales said 149!!!!! That's nearly 10lb lost OVERNIGHT! I don't look any different!

Is this even possible?

The only thing I did differently yesterday is not drink as much caffeinated tea or have my daily coffee.

I don't want to get my hopes up about this, so I just wondered if there was an explanation. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    It sounds odd, could be you scale giving you the wrong numbers... Have to tried to weigh in again? Or at another scale?
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Try replacing the batteries in your scale. When the batteries in mine are starting to go flat it tends to randomly tell me I'm 4kg heavier! Then when I step off and on it keeps changing by half a kilo or so. It's freaky. ;)
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Yes it can happen. Fat loss is not linear. I have been at a stable weight for weeks then had a big night out on the drinks and the next day I am 6 pounds lighter. It happens sometimes. Its called the fat whoosh effect. Not exactly scientifically proven, but there has been many recollections of a similar experience.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    put something on the scale that you know the weight of...a hand held weight, or a sack of sugar/flour or 2, or 25lb bag of pet food, a gallon of milk ( I think that has 7 lbs, but not 100% sure)...to see if your scale is accurate....